Politics

So, there are some interesting turn of events in the presidential races with Hillary's underlings making blunders which has ostensibly lifted Obama to being a more seriously viable candidate and Huckabee seems to be gaining momentum on the repub side while Guiliani is sliding downward.

The real fun begins in a few weeks in Iowa, NH and a few other states. So, what are your predictions? Who will be the candidates for their respective parties?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Obama and Hillary will continue to duke it out dragging them both down so Edwards will win by default. John McCain will then switch parties and be Edwards' running mate.
    Mitt Romney will continue to move up the pecking order and be nominated, with Huckabee as his VP choice.
    Or not.

• Wow, I think I prefer the "or not".
  • Steaks, you may be pretty close with your prediction. I suspect there's a lot of jockeying going on right now for the VP slot.

Does Huckabee realistically think he is electable as president? I doubt it, but he probably would be glad to accept the number 2 position.

Same with Obama.

One of my good, highly opinionated friends postulated that Hillary made the proverbial deal with the devil back when Bill was caught with his pants down and now the dems are locked into nominating her for prez. It seems not all voters got that memo. And Obama isn't playing the game per the script. She will settle for VP, too.

Gore comes riding in on the white horse wearing the white hat at the last minute and steals the show for the dems. Gore admires Edwards's hair and chooses him as running mate.
  • I'm already tired of the whole merry go round. We very well could end up with a President that the people elect just to get the election over with! My bet is that voter turn out is going to be lower than normal because people are hearing too much too soon and a lot of them will turn into Florida voters, i.e., not knowing which switch to flip, button to push, or chad to punch.

• I think there are a WHOLE lot of people that may relate to Obama and vote for him that are not necessarily speaking up right now. I have been impressed with his candor and charisma.

Clinton, in my opinion, has a disadvantage. She has to maintain a carefully calculated veneer in order to win. She cannot take a "get to know me" approach. That won't work. Obama on the other hand seems to have nothing to hide and little to lose.

Next, consider the Oprah factor. That's a huge affirmation that he is a serious candidate. She wouldnt throw her name behind him if she didnt think he could win.

A coworker of mine who has probably voted GOP for most of his life read Obama's book and is part of the Obama Nation now.

As for Huckabee, only time will tell if he can handle the glare of being the front runner. The problem he has is he really believes in something and unfortunately, in modern politics, that is a liability.