Less Paperful

Just received an email ad for a payroll training called "Tools to make your organization more paperless."

It just struck me as funny.

Paperless indicates NO paper. How can you make it even more "no paper?"

Maybe they should have said "Tools to make your organization less paperful."

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Good one, Q. Nice to see you are keeping an eye out for this stuff.

We should have a contest "Worst Title For an HR Book or Training Session Ever"

I'll start.

"Random Terminations: Using Fear To Motivate Your Workforce"

"The Sound of Silence: Harnessing the Power of Mime For Your Next Staff Event"

"Chris and Pat Need To Use The Restroom: An Afternoon Of Gender Bending and Diversity Training"

"You No-Good @$#@* Maggots!!: Bringing Out Your Inner Drill Sargeant"

"Touch Me, Touch You: Modern Techniques To Bring Healing Intimacy To the Workplace"
  • Ya know I never thought of it as "Mime Power" but I have found over the years that during a difficult ee meeting, silence can be a very powerful tool.
  • "Cold Shouldering - the Short Term Solution to your Employee Problems"

I have a supervisor who is an expert at this. I've become quite close with many of her employees.
  • Nice. That could be part of a series on how to craft short term answers to long term problems.

"Git Er Done: Using Simplistic Mottos To Communicate Complex and Important Issues With Employees"

"I'll Need To Approve That: Utilizing Your Insignificant But Important Role As Gatekeeper To Keep Others From What They Want"

"FORMS AHOY!: How To Use Red Tape To Keep Your Organization From Falling Apart into Anarchy!"