I'm soooooo hot

2»

Comments

• When I try to edit Paul's post, M. Lee Smith sends me a message with an exclamation point yelling at me because it's not my post therefore I cannot edit it. Otherwise I would have happily superimposed a neon pink Speedo on his picture. x:D

Sorry, you'll have to convince Paul to retract the self portrait himself...
  • Q... I'm going to be sick...
  • There's a much shorter way to make that point. Ritaanz, allsteaks and I have already made that point recently, although I like best how allsteaks clarified exactly what he meant by it.
  • I know this posting was from last week, but I need to put in my two-cents worth.

We were at the Ohio State Fair last week, while you all were sitting in your air conditioned offices. My kids (three daughters) were in 90-100 degree heat, wearing jeans, showing beef steers and hogs. You can't inagine that kind of heat, with no air circulating and the waves of hot air coming up off of the blacktop. Oh, and the smell in the barns. The animals were hot, the kids were hot, and Mom and Dad were melting.

But mt oldest daughter (age 11), who is the only one officially in 4-H, got first place in the state for her project books for both the steers and hogs, second place in the state in both skillathons (and oral exam they take), and won Outstanding Exhibitor for her hog projects. So when we got to be in the Sale of Champions and get pictures of her getting her award from the Governor, suddenly the heat was much more bearable!
  • Congratulations, HRanna. I went to college in a small Ohio town, There were either corn fields or pig farms within a mile or two any direction. On hot days, the smells were interesting.
  • Congratulations! 4-H is a very worthwhile organization. I still have the my 1st 3 years handbooks. Love the chocolate chip cookie receipe.
  • County fairs were a part of growing up in small town Kansas, and even with the heat and smell they are fond memories. Congrats to your whole family for being involved in a great program.