Early Prediction

You read it here first. Hillary will be the Democratic nominee and Fred Thompson will be the Republican nominee. Fred will win with a slim margin.

Comments

• 24 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • He just quit the Repub party so will probably run as an independent. He will play the spoiler for Hillary drawing votes from Fred, but too many people don't trust Hill, so Fred will still squeak through in the end. Bloomberg will not be perceived as a serious contender.
  • I think that is what was said when he made the run in NY. With his bucks he can accomplish a lot.
  • Well, he was familiar in NYC at the time and politically he is very similar to Guilani who was popular. But, will they care about that in Nebraska?
  • I think he will have as much clout in Nebraska or Iowa or Wyoming or wherever, as Foxy Freddie.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-20-07 AT 08:31AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Well, he's obviously very popular with at least one person in AZ. x:P

BTW, the rest of you are free to join our conversation.
  • Of course if Guiliani gets the repub nod, Hillary gets the Democratic nod and Bloomberg runs as an independent. NY is guaranteed to provide the next president. Mull that one over, the country run by a NY'er. Gotta love it.
  • I got to admire your early prediction. I think its WAY to early though.

Hillary does not have the broad appeal to win. SHe is effective in some areas but at her core I think she lacks the values that would get her elected.

Fred Thompson reminds me of Ross Perot. Interesting but does he really have what it takes to lead a nation? Aw shucks common sense talk will draw him some fans but I think he has an uphill battle.

I think the winner will be whoever can demonstrate a good understanding of our war with terror, a plan for Iraq, and a feasible approach to our illegal immigration problem. To me those are the issues that people are looking for leadership on.

Gay marriage, abortion, and climate change are mostly (in my opinion) distractions utilized by politicians who are unable to deal with the big issues.

I do wonder if George Bush will look alot smarter about four years from now.
  • IF Obama can convert the enthusiasm of his 18-24 year old supporters into votes, he will steamroll Hillary. I can't believe how well his campaign is doing in that area. If you want to see an example, go to [url]www.obamagirl.com[/url]

Very slick.

He (and/or his handlers) understands the new social fabric of an up-and-coming generation, and he can capitalize on it, from MySpace/Facebook to podcasts to viral videos on youtube. If you would have told me 5 years ago that a minority candidate with a Middle-Eastern name could have the potential to win the presidency in a landslide, I would have thought you were nuts. But it doesn't take too much imagination to see how it could happen.
  • Hillary is pulling away from the pack in the polls, though she does not appear to be doing well in Iowa and it has been said she may even skip the primary there. Obama is dropping in the polls and seems to have conceded front runner spot and is vying to be anointed Veep. Edwards does not seem to have the horsepower at this point. The perception that Hillary is the front runner will bring in more funding which will give her more power. Isn't that a scary thought?

The best gift the Repubs could receive would be for Hillary to win the nomination. But, then they must nominate a viable candidate capable of beating her. Not sure who that is right now.

There are those who would tell you that 2 out of the 3 important issues you list are the fault of Bush, that if it weren't for him, they would not be issues.
  • In the last election, there were unprecedented efforts made to get young people to vote. Just about ever popular Hollywood type was trotted out. If I recall correctly, young voters still failed to show up.

There is, like, way too many things that can, um... you know, like come up, and stuff that could keep a person from, like, totally voting or whatever. Like a concert or needing to shop for a new cell phone.
  • >
    >There is, like, way too many things that can,
    >um... you know, like come up, and stuff that
    >could keep a person from, like, totally voting
    >or whatever. Like a concert or needing to shop
    >for a new cell phone.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

• Hillary and Obama will be a formidable pair and I think they will steamroll the Dem. convention for the nominations. Probably the best pairing for the Repubs. is Guiliani and Thompson. Guiliani has the performance in NYC but also has baggage; Thompson could offset that with his Southern boy appeal and consevative leanings.
    It also won't matter how much distance they try to put between themselves and Pres. Bush, if significant progress isn't made in the war, the Dems. will win on just that one issue. Flags should immediately be brought to half-mast when and if that happens; it'll be a sad, sad day.
    So there's another early prediction with some editorializing thrown in just to spark the discussion.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-21-07 AT 09:14AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I think you are right about the Hillary and Obama. At this point the Repub ticket is wide open. I don't see any clear Repub front runners that will inspire confidence in the majority of the party faithful.
  • Someone, just recently, told me, "I think the person who politically is close to center and can appeal to both parties and is perceived as reasonable, intelligent, and politically aware, will win the election."

What do you think about that? x0:)

• Joe Lieberman but he's not running...

• I wonder who might run for the Presidency if there wasn't such scrutiny of the individuals past indiscretions.

Ye without sin...
  • Well Ritaanz, I would say that whoever told you that is a very astute political observer and has probably hit the nail on the head.
  • Ray, Ray, Ray. You of all people should have come back to me with something like.....that particular kind politician has not been born yet.

Or, he/she is a figment of my imagination.

Or better yet, how liberal can you get.
  • What about Bloomberg? He can't make up his mind if he's a dem or a repub so he's good at straddling the fence. And since everybody reveres and respects NY'ers, he's perfect.
  • New Yorkers? Forgetabouit. I know youse is prejudiced and partial to NYers. But I think you needs a kick in da head to get your thinking re-aligned. Then again,you could be nuts.
  • Well, I am partial to upstate NY'ers who agree with me politically. Bloomberg, Guiliani, and Hillary are all downstaters and too liberal for my tastes. Not much difference between those downstaters and troglodytes from Joisey.
  • xx( xx( xx(

Well, at least you spelled it correctly. Whether you can identify one is another question. Do we have moss growing out of our ears too? I consider my self lucky to have a cave in the first place.
  • Hillary? A "downstater"? You mean Arkansas isn't upstate?