Fired Prosecutors

Well it must be pretty slow around the capital and in the newsrooms for this to be news. By "this" , I mean the following.

We have 8 lawyers who were fired by the head lawyer. Now a congress full of ex-lawyers is all upset and now these lawyers want to talk to the lawyers inside the white house to find out why the head lawyer fired the 8 other lawyers.

It's all about LAWYERS!!! Who cares? I have yet to run into anyone who has written her/his congresspersons and demanded that they get to the bottom of this.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ultimately, it's not about the head lawyer or the 8 lawyers, it's about getting Bush.
  • Pelosi has said she will not proceed with impeachment proceedings against Bush over the war. Maybe this is a way to get him.
  • I think Ray's right - this is about politics, not employment issues. The Dems claim the 8 lawyers were fired because of their politics, which takes them straight to Bush, who hired the head lawyer.

I personally think this whole thing is stupid.

Lesson learned??? ALWAYS TALK TO HR BEFORE FIRING AND HAVE A GAME PLAN!!!
  • Yep... but sometimes the President of the company (or country) has informed the Supervisor (directly or indirectly)to "fire 'em!" In these cases it may not matter much if HR was involved or not. But it give the press and the democrates something else/new to go on and on about.
  • I guess I'm one of those people you haven't heard from. This is the latest in a laundry list of abusive behavior from the current administration. I guess most of you must be numb to it by now, or you're waiting for the President to get to the real important issues, like whether he had extra-marital oral sex in a closet.
  • In the grand scheme of things, how big is this judicial issue? Was it illegal to fire these people? Of course not, it happens with probably just about every administration. Hey, Clinton did it when he was first elected and it was never made into a huge issue. So, it comes down to timing. Why now? But, apparently some have been advocating it be done since the beginning of Bush's current term. Is it politically motivated? You betcha! Aren't all actions like this political? So, what has Bush actually done wrong? Or is it just being blown up as a huge "Gotcha"? Here's a partial answer to that question, I am disturbed that the administration is trying cover up their actions rather than coming completely clean. It appears they have something to hide, even if they don't. They made a decision now appear to backing down out of fear.

Going back to my first question above, how big is this issue really? I'm much more concerned about the Iraq War and the state of the economy and even as Paul posts over in the serious section issues such as the possible infiltration of Sharia Law into the fabric of our society.
  • Everytime we have a balance of power shift this stuff starts up. I have racked my brain and cannot remember a single administration in my memory that wasn't charged with doing some kind of wrong by the opposing party in power (my memory only goes back to the Iran-Contra affair when Reagon was in office).

What continually amazes me is how many will look at this instance and see it as something out of the ordinary that must be dealt with (and assume the rest of us are blind to it or we would be upset too). Just like when Clinton was in office and the republicans looked for trash, Bush is in office and the democrats are looking for trash (just like every previous administration). Puleeze! I hardly even bother to read about it anymore. The serious stuff comes out no matter what (ie Iraq war), it is the trash that comes out with the power shift. After all, if the trash is really good you don't need congress to investigate. You have plenty of reporters to do it for you.

Nae
  • I'm with Nae. We have made hatemongering into an artform...on prime time news.