Manchester is nicest city!

This article is on the MSN Health & Fitness site. I live about 30 minutes north of the nicest city :-)

If you couple this with Ray's thread about women's pay, well...you can guess the rest.

[ol]
[li]Orlando, FL
[li]St. Petersburg, FL
[li]Detroit, MI
[li]Baltimore, MD
[li]Nashville, TN
[li]Wilmington, DE
[li]Miami, FL
[li]Memphis, TN
[li]Jacksonville, FL
[li]St. Louis, MO
[li]Chicago, IL
[li]Tampa, FL
[li]Jackson, MS
[li]Albuquerque, NM
[li]Charlotte, NC
[li]Dallas, TX
[li]Houston, TX
[li]Tucson, AZ
[li]Indianapolis, IN
[li]Wichita, KS
[li]Birmingham, AL
[li]Providence, RI
[li]Durham, NC
[li]Atlanta, GA
[li]Washington, DC
[li]Denver, CO
[li]Philadelphia, PA
[li]Baton Rouge, LA
[li]Fort Worth, TX
[li]Phoenix, AZ
[li]Lubbock, TX
[li]Cleveland, OH
[li]Greensboro, NC
[li]Cincinnati, OH
[li]Arlington, TX
[li]Los Angeles, CA
[li]Buffalo, NY
[li]Grand Rapids, MI
[li]Boston, MA
[li]Columbia, SC
[li]Tulsa, OK
[li]Aurora, CO
[li]Seattle, WA
[li]Sacramento, CA
[li]San Diego, CA
[li]Montgomery, AL
[li]Raleigh, NC
[li]Yonkers, NY
[li]Oakland, CA
[li]Fort Wayne, IN
[li]Newark, NJ
[li]Las Vegas, NV
[li]Columbus, OH
[li]St. Paul, MN
[li]Charleston, WV
[li]Kansas City, MO
[li]New York, NY
[li]Oklahoma, OK
[li]Toledo, OH
[li]San Antonio, TX
[li]Riverside, CA
[li]Modesto, CA
[li]Louisville, KY
[li]Honolulu, HI
[li]Richmond, VA
[li]San Francisco, CA
[li]Bakersfield, CA
[li]Spokane, WA
[li]Milwaukee, WI
[li]Jersey City, NJ
[li]Lexington, KY
[li]Little Rock, AR
[li]Lincoln, NE
[li]Billings, MT
[li]San Jose, CA
[li]Hartford, CT
[li]Minneapolis, MN
[li]Boise, ID
[li]Anaheim, CA
[li]Norfolk, VA
[li]Austin, TX
[li]Fremont, CA
[li]Fresno, CA
[li]Anchorage, AK
[li]Cheyenne, WY
[li]Rochester, NY
[li]Madison, WI
[li]Salt Lake City, UT
[li]Omaha, NE
[li]Pittsburgh, PA
[li]Colorado Springs, CO
[li]El Paso, TX
[li]Sioux Falls, SD
[li]Des Moines, IA
[li]Burlington, VT
[li]Portland, OR
[li]Corpus Christi, TX
[li]Fargo, ND
[li]Bangor, ME
[li]Manchester, NH
[/ol]

http://health.msn.com/centers/highbloodpressure/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100142599>1=8503

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just across the bridge from Portland, OR at 96.
  • Interestingly, NYC is in the top half with a sizeable number of genteel Southern cities in the bottom half. Hmmmmmmm
  • You've got quite a mix in NY, from mean old Buffalo to nice Rochester. I was expecting to see NYC in the lower numbers.
  • We got back from NY (Catskills) last Friday. We were in NYC the prior weekend, and had a blast. I was impressed time and time again by the way the people of NYC went out of their way to help us. For instance, when my hubby went into a store and asked where a mailbox was (right across the street), the manager followed him out a moment later and stayed until he knew for sure that we had found the mailbox. This kind of think happened repeatedly while we were there.

On the other hand, within minutes of our arrival we saw two men yelling at each other the way you see managers and umpires go at it in a big league game. It never came to violence though. We were amused to see this kind of thing happen about 3 times a day while we were there.

I loved visiting the City. I will certainly go back if I ever get the chance again. New Yorkers are a great bunch of people.

Nae
  • Nae, where in the Catskills were you? I'm about 2.5 hours west of there in upstate NY. Is it possible they were nice because they wanted your tourist dollars? I haven't been thru NYC since 1968.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-25-06 AT 03:55PM (CST)[/font][br][br]It is absolutely possible that after 9/11 and the huge slump in tourism that the people of NYC have decided to go the extra mile as far as tourists are concerned. Even so, that is fine with me. Whatever their motivations, we reaped the rewards. We had a really good time.

In the Catskills we were at the Nevele in Ellenville. I have no idea where that really is as we took a bus there from NYC.

I signed up for this not really knowing what I was getting into. It all started when I read the book, "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind." I decided to go to their free seminar last November and really got a lot out of it. They had several other seminars and I liked this one because I always wanted to go to the Catskills. I completely forgot what it was about, but later remembered that when talking about it the emcee had said you could discover what is holding you back and take yourself to the next level. They called it Enlightened Warrior Training Camp. It sounded like New Age mumbo-jumbo to me, but a week in the Catskills sounded great. It turned out to be the most amazing week of my life. I met some wonderful people there and we are staying in touch. I am now trying to figure out a way to send other family members. It was absolutely great! If you get a chance to go, please do. I can't recommend it enough.

Nae
  • What? Bakersfield CA is ahead of Portland, Oregon?

Have these people actually visited these cities? Bakersfield's main export is people leaving Bakersfield.

I am outraged.
  • But, are you in a state of high dudgeon?