My weekly corny joke...

As I stated in my last post, I think I'll start a tradition of posting corny jokes on Friday afternoon. In staying true to my word, here goes:

The teacher asked one of her young pupils if he knew his numbers. "Yes," he said. "I do. My father taught me."
"Good. What comes after three?"
"Four" answers the boy.
"What comes after six?"
"Seven."
"Very good," says the teacher. "Your dad did a good job. What comes after 10?"
"A jack," says the little boy.

hee hee

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well Diane, it's about time you posted your joke of the week. Kinda dead today. OK, I had my laugh, I can go home now.
  • gotta earn my keep around here!
  • Late one night at the insane asylum one inmate shouted, "I am Napoleon!"

Another one said, "How do you know?"

The first inmate said, "God told me!"

Just then, a voice from another room shouted, "I did not!"

• A sunday school teacher asked her class "Class, what is brown, furry, and likes to collect nuts?"

No one raised their hand for about a minute. Finally a small hand slowly raised.

"Yes Bobby?" asked the teacher, "Do you know the answer?"

"Well," said Bobby,"It sounds like a squirrel but the answer is probably Jesus."
  • One day a little boy got mad and shouted "Jesus!" His mom scolded him, "Don't take the Lord's name in vain. Instead of saying 'Jesus,' you should say 'Gee whiz.'" The boy apologized and promised to do better.

The next Sunday, the mom asked the boy what he learned in Sunday School. He said they learned a new song, "Gee Whiz loves me, yes I know...."

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Is this the same little boy that was listening to the song in church: ...and He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own... The little boy leans over and asks his momma: Who's Andy?
  • in keeping with the religous theme here:

A Southern Baptist minister was completing a passionate sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."
    With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."
    And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river!"
    Sermin complete, he sat down. The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn No. 365, Shall we Gather at the River."
  • In keeping with the theme:

A new minister walked up to the pulpit to give his first sermon. Trembling, he managed to choke out the first words, "Behold, I come." He then promptly forgot the next part.

Stalling, he cleared his throat and said in a louder voice, "Behold, I come." Again, he couldn't think of what came next.

He turned his back to the congregation so he could think clearly. Finally, it came to him. Turning back to the pulpit he shouted, "BEHOLD! I COME!" At that point he knocked over the lectern. Trying desperately to grab it, he managed to trip and fall right into the lap of a small elderly lady sitting in the first pew. He frantically tried to get up while apologizing profusely. "That's all right Pastor," she said. "You warned me three times you were coming."

Nae
  • OK, this ain't a joke, it's a true story. But, similar to Nae's. I was playing my trombone in a brass ensemble in a local church in front of about 900 people. The platform was raised about 4' off the main floor level. There were fans keeping the air circulating and all of a sudden my music started to fly off the stand and I had a solo coming up. I quickly closed my slide and flipped the lock and reached for the music. Well, I forgot that trombone the slide lock is loose so when I let go the slide it floated off into the first row of pews. I picked up my music, a guy in the first row picked up my slide and handed it up to me and I went on with the show.
  • Very Buster Keatonish of you, Ray.