Amazing Race

Did anyone else watch the 2 hour premier of The Amazing Race last night? I have to say that I'm not sure I like the family thing; seems like WAY too many people. And, 2 hours was at least an hour too long.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Oh noooo -- I missed it! And Amazing Race is my favorite reality show. Didn't realize it premiered last night, as I planned my evening around Part 2 of the PBS Martin Scorcese Bob Dylan documentary....which was fabulous, by the way.

Is it family teams? Not sure I'll like that either, but I'll give it a chance. Do you think I'll be able to catch up next week?

• Sure! You didn't miss a whole lot. One detour (or is that a road block?). Let's see if I can sum up the teams quickly (I don't remember all of their names):
    Aiello Family: Father-in-law and 3 SIL
    Black Family: Mom, Dad, 2 boys (eliminated)
    Weaver Family: Widow, 2 daughters, 1 son
    Linz Family: 3 brothers and 1 sister
    G******? Family: 4 sisters
    Mom, Dad, son, and daughter- they all run: parents do marathons and kids do 5Ks
    Dad and 3 daughters
    New Jersey Family: Mom, Dad, 2 sons- they yell at each other all the time
    Dad, Step-mom, son, and daughter

Crap, I can't remember the 10th family! The detour was a choice of Buggy It or Build it- they were in a Mennonite community in PA so they could either "carry" a buggy with 2 of their team members inside for a mile and a half, or build a working mill with water wheel. In general, people were better off building.

• Thanks, FunBanker! I got lucky and found out that a friend had taped it, so I'll be ready to start the race a week late by the next episode.

You gotta love the autumn season...cooler temps and fresh TV shows.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-02-05 AT 08:33AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Oh, yea sure - - Boast about it!!

It's all fun and games until Hurricane Rita hits and knocks your electricity out for 3 weeks. And CABLE was the least of repairmen's worries for another 3 weeks.

That included the first few weeks (episodes) of Amazing Race and I would presume the same amount of Survivor episodes. Nothing was recorded and nobody else was able to record them.

Oh well, life is getting back to normal and I'm back to Tuesday & Thursday reality. Gotta love it!!!
  • "Oh well, life is getting back to normal and I'm back to Tuesday & Thursday reality. Gotta love it!!!"

For a minute there, I thought you meant that you only participated in reality (as in real life) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, then I realized you meant reality TV. Oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted!

Anyway, if it's any consolation, the Amazing Race only got good last week. It was kinda boring when they were still in the States. But the Panama and Costa Rica episodes were back up to par, I thought. I particularly love that the yelling Italians from New York are kicking everyone's butt.