Hurricane Rita. Here we all go again!

Not our business unit, but in a sister division, we have manufacturing facilities in the areas targeted to be hit. A recent post came from the company president and the following is an excerpt from that communication:

Since the safety of our employees and the security of our manufacturing facilities are matters of primary concern, we have temporarily shut down production at the Deer Park (Houston), Texas, plant and closed the Engineering Division there. We have shut down operations at the nearby Lone Star and Bayport facilities. We have closed the Weeks Island site, both the mine and nearby manufacturing facility. We have placed the Grand Saline site on standby. In all cases, we have stripped staffing at these sites down to extremely low emergency levels, provided them with safe havens, and have instructed all other employees to leave the sites, take care of their families and property, and evacuate the area as instructed by local authorities.

The company has also established a 24/7 hotline and supplies have already been shipped to targeted areas.

I realize there are many, many, many other employers out there doing similar things for their employees, and it just makes me feel good. That's all.

Comments