Minnesota Study

Here in the Land of 10,000 Studies Leading To Obvious Conclusions, this actually happened:

A while back Hennepin County banned smoking in the bars and restaurants within its boundaries. Some state group conducted a recent study and found that in these establishments, the levels of pollution caused from second hand smoke has decreased significantly.

The good news here is that while doing these studies, at least these people aren't out on the streets.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Are these state employees or volunteers from the cancer institute?
  • Both. It's a group of antismoking activists sponsered and paid for by the huge tobacco settlement the state of MN received a few years back.
  • Our notoriously Democrat Attorney General Mike Moore is the one who started that lawsuit. We have a 'tobacco trust agency' of some sort that has millions to spend as they will. It's in litigation now with the governor saying the attorney general had no authority to fund this agency and divert state money. Its up to the state supreme court as we speak. The attorney general is planning to run for federal office. His buddies garnered millions and millions of dollars off this bogus lawsuit. We are running a close second to Louisiana in corrupt state politics.

I heard their commercial last nite that said 'teenagers should know that smoking may cause lung cancer'.
  • Is Michael Moore his real name or is that a Democratic title of endearment that they bestow on overweight, unkempt, drooling slobs who live off of other peoples' money?

We had a fellow "Michael" here in the Land of 10,000 Featherbedding Techniques whose name is Mike Cireci who headed the lawfirm that represented the state in the tobacco lawsuit. By pure coincidence, mind you, he ran for governor on the democratic ticket soon afterward. The AT here in MN who hired his lawfirm? Mike Hatch, another democrat and campaign contributor. Cireci pocketed millions for his "work".

We Minnesotans will proudly put our state up against any other state when it comes to corrupt politics.
  • Mike Moore is his real name. He recently retired, saying he wanted to spend time with his family. But then he joined a law firm. Coincidentally the law firm he joined, on the coast, is the same one that pocketed half a billion dollars in the settlement.

• >
    >We Minnesotans will proudly put our state up
    >against any other state when it comes to corrupt
    >politics.

It is with great pride that I note you will not put your state against a city. One of my favorite quotes was made by George Washington Plunkett (of Tammany Hall) "I seen my opportunites and I took them."