Boating

I spent the day yesterday out with some friends in their "boat". I say "boat" because this thing was 52 feet long (a Sea Ray, which, as I understand, is top of the line). Anyway, gas prices and such has apparently not dawned on this crowd. I'm talking about 400 gallon fuel tanks, twin CAT diesels, generators, 36 gallons consumed per hour while on the water, the list goes on.

I did get a kick out of some of the boat names at the marina. See if you can guess the owner's occupation by the name of his/her boat:

1- "Crime Pays"

2- "Not Guilty" (gimme)

3- "Sea Phase"

4- "Urban Sprawl"

5- "Plastered"

6- "Saline Solution"

The winner will receive a special gift!

Gene

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Crime Pays - criminal attorney
    Not Guilty - someone who has been absolved of a crime.
    Sea Phase - retiree
    Urban Sprawl - developer
    Plastered - Manufacturer of casts
    Saline Solution - opthalmologist

If I win, please contact first, before shipping a case of lettuce.
  • It will not be lettuce. I promise it will be a cool gift. I will announce winners tomorrow.
  • What a scam. Would you have us believe you were jumping aboard boats and asking people for their occupations? Had you done that, you would have been drummed out of the harbor. Oh, and what was the occupation of the owner of the vessel named "Lickety Split"?
  • I didn't ask the boat owners. These were boats in the slips around my friends'. They have green street signs at every slip with the boat's name on them. My friends were telling me what each of the people did and how the names were tied to either professions, passions or both. As an example, my friend's name is Sherlyn Rockwood, and she sings in a band. Bruce, her husband, named their boat "She Rocks". It's a play on her name and her passion (well and maybe his too).

I don't know about "lickety split" but I will throw in this bonus round question to my original quiz:

"S.A.V.E. a Hog, Ride a Cowboy"

(I'll give you a hint: It ain't Big and Rich)
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 08:24AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Crime Pays - Merry Maids service
    Not Guilty - Appelate Judge
    Sea Phase - Retired Engineer
    Urban Sprawl - Slum Lord
    Plastered - Drywall Hangers
    Saline Solution - Vision care professional
    Lickity Split - Former 'taster' in a Tootsie Pop Factory

I'll take the lettuce with a pound of bacon (maybe Pork can help you out), and non-gassed tomatoes. Well, just send me a gift card to the Cracker Barrell - it's cheaper. Thanks, Gene.

x:9

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 08:49AM (CST)[/font][br][br]1. Politician
    2. Politician
    3. Army Corps. of Engineers
    4. Homeless persons asleep on the sidewalks of NYC
    5. Someone who puts posters up on lamposts
    6. Salesperson that sells Sea Salts
    7. An Escape Artist

As an aside, I saw a yacht called "Foreplay". Wonder what the owner did for a living.
  • Crime Pays - Attorney
    Not Guilty - Judge
    Sea Phase - Electrical Contractor/Engineer
    Urban Sprawl - Land Developer
    Plastered - Orthopedic surgeon
    Saline Solution - Opthalmologist
    S.A.V.E a Hog, Ride a Cowboy - pOrk

I've had a couple of students who were employed at the Sea Ray factory here in TN - they are AWESOME boats. TVA lakes are full of 'em!

• A lot of you got most of them correctly but no one nailed them 100%. Here are the answers:

1-Prison Warden
    2-Criminal Defense Attorney
    3-Electrical Contractor
    4-Land Developer
    5-Drywall Contractor
    6-Opthamologist

Bonus round: pOrK (as seen on the back of the Prestage corporate Jon boat).

I will still offer consolation prizes (I promise they will be in good taste) to anyone who responded if you email me your mailing address at [email]greyna@taylorfarms.com[/email]

Gene
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 01:23PM (CST)[/font][br][br]"As an aside, I saw a yacht called "Foreplay". Wonder what the owner did for a living."

He either has a lot of girlfriends or he's a bad golfer.