On the lighter side of discipline

Hello Forumites,

I'm looking for some quirky, humourous, or goofy stories relating to employee discipline. It could be something strange or oddball that an employee did that warranted discipline, or a funny/bizarre reaction to being disciplined. I know that you all come across strange behaviors on a daily basis, and I was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing a few stories.

You can post them here, or e-mail them to me directly at [email]awilliams@mleesmith.com[/email].

Anne Williams
Attorney Editor
M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Many of our employees do direct care with mentally retarded adults. I once investigated a complaint filed by one staff member, alledging that her co-worker called one of our consumers a prostitute. The consumer, (I'll call her Terri) is about 26 years old and is mentally retarded, but very high functioning. After a series of interviews I got the real story. The staff member was taking Terri to church. When Terri came down the stairs she had on a VERY tight sweater and a very short skirt. The staff member in question is a rather straight-laced women in her mid-50's. She looked at Terri's outfit and exclaimed "Terri, honey! Don't wear that to church! You look like a hoochie-mama!" We determined that "hoochie-mama" did not qualify as verbal abuse of the consumer.
  • Anne, I'm sure I've had a few good ones. My mind is everywhere else temporarily. I'll pull one out and I'm sure others will too. I think we're all in a 'holding pattern' au temporaire. You know us. We'll come up with some good ones.