BTK

I watched CNN this morning in complete awe. I did not care to follow the BTK investigation and subsequent trial other than the ocassional glimpse of a headline or two.

I still cannot comprehend how a human being can commit such attrocities. It is beyond me. I hope this brings closure to the families and that this monster is never released into society again.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The problem is not with your comprehension - the problem is that this bi-ped organism only appears to be human - it's not. It's an inhumane predator and should be exterminated with extreme prejudice. My opinion.

• I have had to follow this because every channel of television has been consumed with the coverage of this event. I’m glad it is over as far as the trial and the fear that all in Wichita felt. I don’t believe there will ever be closure for family members of the victims but that is just my humble opinion.

The sad fact is that he is only one of many in our world with a sick and distorted mind. He was the neighbor next door and no one suspected his double life. The biggest problem I now have with BTK is that he will probably be under protected watch while serving the rest of his life in prison. We the taxpayers of the State will pay for his existence until he goes to hell. I say put him in with the general population and then let’s have a State sponsored lottery on when he gets a shank in the side. At least then the State may recoup some of the cost of housing this bi-ped organism as Zen called it.

• Look, you bunch of trogladytes! This man was entitled to the same justice as the rest of us. I am hoping that upon appeal he will be released so that he can rejoin his family, church and friends. Even if he did some of these things, he can certainly choose to confess, as he did, and redirect his life. What you need to realize...Sorry, for a minute there I was pretending to be a member of the ACLU and Amnesty International.

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."
    Charlie Chaplin

• cnn.com's poll today is on whether he should be kept separate from the rest of the prison population. When I looked, it was overwhelmingly "NO!!!"
  • I've read a bit about this guy. Does someone in Kansas know why he didn't get the death penalty? Is it still in effect there? I was surprised at the life sentence. They hung Dick and Perry and they only killed four people. Just curious.
  • Simple Irene. A matter of when the death penalty was instituted and in what states.

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."
    Charlie Chaplin

• The crimes BTK committed occured prior to the reinstatement of the death penalty in Kansas. He had to be punished utilizing the laws in effect at the time of the murders.
  • Frequently, the death penalty is more expensive than the average life span of a life sentence....unless the convicted person waives all appeals and everything. I don't imagine BTK would do that...he seems to like the spotlight.

Now is the time for everyone to forget him, media included. THAT will be a punishment for him....to discover that no one cares...he just seems to arrogant and full of himself.