Shopping

I actually went shopping this past weekend, something I rarely do (my daughter shops for me or I shop online) cause I just don't like crowds or really care to be away from my home... BUT I took my daughter shopping at a MALL (ughhh) for maternity clothes! And OMG things have sure changed. Maternity clothes ain't what they used to be! 25 years ago when I was "with child" the clothes were cute but basically designed to cover you up. NOW they are so cute and SEXY! I couldn't believe it, it was great! I've always thought there is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman and it is about dang time that designers realized this also. I told Lisa I'm going to get pregnant just so I can wear these cute clothes. She rolled her eyes at that that so I said "ok I'm just dreamin". People on here often complain about things changing for the worst, this is one thing I think is definetly for the BEST.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • So, Judy, what are you saying? Are you in the market for someone to sire your child?
  • Heckkk NO..I'm way past that! I'm saying that some changes are definetly for the better.
  • I have noticed this trend too. The maternity clothes 20 years ago were so uncomfortable and ugly (remember the little arrows pointing to the naval with the words "baby on board"...did we really need to point out the obvious???) that as soon as the kids were born I threw them away and refused to wear anything that even resembled them again. Today's "trendy" smock tops look too much like maternity shirts to me...ugh.

Cheryl C.
  • I couldn't agree with you more! My wife was never more beautiful than when she was carrying our son. I know that women, at least in the past, had a hard time accepting that, but that's the way I felt and I tried hard to convince my wife of it. Too bad they didn't have those clothes 30 years ago.
  • I remember my mother telling me that when she was pregnant, the mother was expected to stay in the house and not go out at all, much less to a store shopping for clothes. It was a 'condition', or rather 'an affliction' that was to be concealed and only celebrated after the baby was a couple of days old. I have one brother so my mother had sex two times. I am appalled at Judy's remarks, notwithstanding Gene's crude curiosity. And, being the true libber she is, Judy would never stoop so low as to ever again engage in that horrid activity. Invitro under cannibis, or nothing at all.

• I had to reply, since this subject is near and dear to my heart at the moment. A few months ago my husband and I found out that we were not done having children, as we insisted, and our third daughter is due in December.

Being a (late) 30-something who needs to figure out a way to wear these trendier maternity clothes, I am not quite as enamoured with the more revealing styles. Not that I don't appreciate stylish, I just want to be sure when I go to sit down in a staff meeting that everything (top to bottom, front to back) is covered.

I sound like such an old fuddy duddy ("These kids these days and their clothes!").

Maybe some old thrift shops will have some of the old fashioned maternity clothes for me.
  • "A few months ago my husband and I found out that we were not done having children"

Never heard it put quite that way before.

Congratulations to Dad (and you too).

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • Judy, I don't really know what you mean by cute and sexy. But around these parts, the pregies are walking around in hip huggers and crop tops.

There is no way NOT to stare at the protuberance hanging out. I, for one, do not find that cute at all.