Leahy and Shumer

What a Supreme joke!

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.

Comments

• 28 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The only way to get this jokester Shumer's approval is to nominate a guy named Levinthal.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • Do you mean Senator Charles Schumer?
  • His close friends call him 'Chuckie'. Or are you simply pointing out that I mispelled his name? x:-) My point is that the only personna Schumer will not oppose and vocalize about for two weeks would be another Jewish individual. Nothing anti-Semitic, just a fact.

• You know I was pointing out your spelling error. I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that he will not oppose a Jewish candidate. He would strongly denounce a Jewish candidate who held to socially conservative views. Chuck (as the local media calls him) is the senior NY senator and a self styled liberal. Since Hillary was elected as the junior NY senator, Chuck has fought an uphill battle proving his relevance since she is the media darling. He *must* take a strong liberal and vocal stand to prove his manhood/liberalism so he does not get lost in Hillary's shadow.
  • "He would strongly denounce a Jewish candidate who held to socially conservative views."

With apologies to my Jewish friends everywhere Ray, would you please point one of those out to me next time you see one?

• I go away for one day and come back to find out that is no such thing as a "Jewish candidate who held to socially conservative views." The fact is that Jews, like members of other religions, are not monolithic. There are very conservative Jews and there are very liberal Jews with everything inbetween.
  • Can you tell me the name of Republican Jews in congress?

• Benjamin Gilman, rep. from New York
    Arlen Specter, Senator from Pennsylvania.
    Eric Cantor - Rep. from Virginia

And, just to confuse the issue -Bernard Sanders - Independent rep. from Vermont.

• Specter is not Jewish. Eddie Cantor is a singer/musician and Sanders is as Democrat as Hilary Kennedy. But 2 out of a hundred. I'm surprised. Thank you. Speaking of Arlen Specter, am I the only one who has noticed that his voice is the exact duplicate of Howard Sprague's, the Mayberry Town Clerk?

• Specter is Jewish. do a little research.
  • Are you sure? Isn't a fact something provable, kind of like the real definition of "is"? A fact might apply to the past or the present. I don't know anything about who Shumer has supported or who he hasn't, but how can a prediction of what he would do in the future be called a fact?
  • Tell you what Sinclair; you stay twisted around that axle while the rest of us continue the discussion. It's a fact that the sun will rise tomorrow in what we tend to recognize as 'the east'. It's a fact that 388 Mexicans will enter California tomorrow illegally.

• Your post got me thinking some more about "facts". Is it a fact that the sun will rise in the east? Since the earth rotates and also rotates around the sun, isn't it a fact that the east will be the first area to be exposed to the sun tomorrow, rather than the sun will rise in the east?
  • Interesting question, G3. Current thinking postulates the sun is stationary, therefore is unable to rise. In Medieval times it was believed that the sun revolved around the earth, so in their view of the world it was correct to speak of the rising sun. But, since we know the earth really is flat afterall....
  • True. Science changes as new evidence appears and maybe new evidence will reveal that current facts aren't. Maybe scientists will be proved wrong after all and earth is really an octogon, or ---------. Maybe historians will read your posts and make the connection that the real reason Shumer became a Republican was because he realized it was the only way to get out of Hillary's shadow.
  • A good friend of mine's aunt, Edith Brown Clement, was up as a possible nominee. I sure am disappionted. He promised me I would never get another speeding ticket if she was nominated and confirmed.
  • That's OK Smace, Chuckie Schumer has promised all NY'ers no more speeding tickets if a liberal is selected.
  • That's cause he don't drive. He has a poor, Baptist boy who drives for him.

• "Shumer became a Republican was because he realized it was the only way to get out of Hillary's shadow." Here we have G3 claiming Schumer to be a Republican. This guy will do anything to capture the attention of the media. His main problem is that since Hilary came onto the scene, he is suddenly irrelevant and emasculated. His chief aim is to capture television coverage. This guy is truly irrelevant.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-21-05 AT 01:07PM (CST)[/font][br][br]The vast majority of New Yorkers (as proven by the vote last November) would disagree with you.
    For the record, he lives about a block and a half from me. I have seen many times driving his car. And since he parks his car on the street, it was even stolen once.

• Not only is Chuckie Schumer irrelevant, so are the vast majority of New Yorkers. And just for the record, down here we don't park on the street.

• "isn't it a fact that the east will be the first area to be exposed to the sun tomorrow, rather than the sun will rise in the east?"

Literally there is no such thing as east, since even east is west of something. It's all relative. If the earth were a flat line, perhaps there would be east and west; but, since it is reportedly somewhat spherical, there can be no such thing as east. To clarify, if I go to New York, not that I ever would, I might say "Sinclair, I've decided to go up north." But is that really north? Then what if I was in Toronto, heading to New York? Would I say, "Sinclair, I'm going north." Certainly not. There is no such thing as north either. The purpose of this exercise is to educate you that there is no north, east or west, only South! This is not debatable.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-21-05 AT 08:53AM (CST)[/font][br][br]There is no South. The South stopped existing at the end of the Civil War. x;-)
  • That is an incorrect statement. At the conclusion of the War of Northern Aggression, we became The New South, in spite of attempts by northern scumbag generals to burn it all down. You won't incite me. I'm in much too good of a mood today.

• What are you people talking about? I never laughed so hard at something I don't understand!
  • "There's always a balance between liberty and security and the ACLU always represents liberty". This is his remark just now at a news conference set up in the New York subway system with 12 fuzzy mikes stuck in his face. The ACLU of course, is opposed to the decision to start checking backpacks in and around the subway system. Are we convinced yet that this man is nuts? Who among us would object to an inspection of our backpack if we were strolling around in the subway system?