changing roles

2»

Comments

• Exactly! Ever try to double clutch in 3 1/2" stilletos with damp soles?! It's murder!
  • >Exactly! Ever try to double clutch in 3 1/2"
    >stilletos with damp soles?! It's murder!

Well, maybe not exactly in the order you describe. Suffice to say that it it involved 3 1/2" stilletos a couple of 40 oz. bottles of Schlitz, a bottle of Wild Turkey and one hell of a joy ride with my best friends and our girlfirends in my truck our senior year in high school.
  • Gene wears stilletos?? This web board just gets stranger and stranger all the time.
  • That night I am confident that wearing stilettos was the most benign thing I did.
  • That was last year, right?

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • You should know. Weren't we hauling a 53' reefer with the thermoking set on low for pOrK?
  • Apologies to Don, and anyone else who doesn't like Harry Chapin.... but this thread about changing roles seemed ideal for this! x:-)

Don, I still haven't received the list of brothels you promised, and all the Red Cross did was leave a gallon of purified water and some cookies outside on the porch.

Seriously, this song (and the sentiment behind it) sort of contributed to my decision to pursue HR and my switch from Republican to Democrat when the 'Pubs wouldn't adopt the ERA as part of their party platform back in the '80s.

"Why Did the Little Girls...?

(insert incredible banjo solo here - sorry, Ray, the trombone doesn't come in until the end) x:-)

"Why did the little girls grow crooked,
    While the little boys grew tall?

"The boys were taught to tumble,
    "And the girls told not to fall.

"The girls answered the telephones,
    "The boys answered the calls,

"That's why little girls grew crooked,
    "While the little boys grew tall.

"Why did the little girls grow crippled,
    "While the little boys grew strong?

"The boys allowed to come of age,
    "The girls just come along.

"The girls were told, 'Sing harmonies'
    "While the boys could all sing songs.

"That's why little girls grew crippled,
    "While the little boys grew strong.

"Why did the little girls come broken,
    "While the little boys came whole?

"And the little boys always set aflame,
    "And the girls just fanned the coals?

"The boys were told to be themselves,
    "The girls were told, 'Play roles,'

"That's why little girls came broken,
    "While the little boys came whole.

"Why were the little girls made frightened,
    "To be just what they are?

"The boys were told to ask themselves,
    "'How high, how far?'
    "The girls were told to reach the shelves,
    "While the boys were reaching stars,

"That's why little girls were frightened,
    "To be just what they are.

"And still, they bled for us all,
    "As the moon rode the sky,
    "They carried our seed,
    "When our need ran high,
    "And they fed all our children in the night, as they cried,
    "Womankind wept as Mankind died.

"Why were the little girls left hurting,
    "When all the boys were done?
    "And then left there in the moonlight,
    "When the boys went to meet the sun?

"And when the girls were open,
    "Why had the little boys all won?
    "That's why little girls were hurting,
    "When all the boys were done.

"Why did the little girls grow crooked,
    "Why the little boys grew tall?

"It's maybe 'cause the little boys didn't
    ever have to grow up at all."

- Harry Chapin "Living Room Suite."

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-20-05 AT 09:42AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Very good lyrics. Quite a poet turned musician. I don't dislike the guy. But, I think there's a commandment against worshipping him. x:-)

Oh, and regarding the list of brothels in your area. I struck out. I contacted the police department in your fair city and as they were about to read off the list to me, they asked 'who is this list for'? I told them I was sending it to you, that you needed a nighttime diversion. Then they refused me the list; but, the dispatcher did say that they were quite familiar with the gentleman I mentioned. Something about a list they maintain there at the station.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • My boss just sent me the following joke which seems appropriate for this thread:

While attending a marriage seminar on communication, Wally and his wife Carolyn listened to the instructor declare, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other"

He then addressed the men, "Can you describe your wife's favorite flower?"

Wally leaned over, touched Carolyn's arm gently and whispered, "Pillsbury All-Purpose, isn't it?"

And thus began Wally's life of celibacy.