War has come back home

On Sept. 11, 2001 I had just returned home from major surgery, and immobile, my mother and I watched TV for days and cried. My brother had been transferred to London for 3 years and called us that morning and through the day. Their office was evaculated as they were across the square from the US Embassy and further problems were anticipated. When I returned to work, the street block that runs between buildings in our office complex was blocked by cement barriers with security 24/7 as the FBI was leasing part of the building. They just moved out and took down the barricades about 2 months ago.

Yesterday morning my brother was on the phone in NYC calling his co-workers and friends in London to make sure all were alive and safe. (They were.)

Yesterday also, another local service man was killed in Iraq; buddy MIA. They are both from the group commanded by my friend's son out of Ft. Carson, CO.

Every night on the news we hear of more problems patrolling our southern border. More of those crossing illegally are no longer from Mexico and can be returned, but from other international countries and Mexico will not take them back. They are captured, brought to court, imprisoned and then released due to overcrowding, but told to report back to court. Most never do. Living in the largest metropolis in this state with military bases and nuclear arms storage, that concerns me. Who is currently roaming this country planning the next attack?