London Bombings

I'm sure now we will hear cries that the London bombings are the fault of America and George Bush for invading Iraq and England for allying with us. Fact is the US nor Iraqi events had anything to do with it. It's simply a continuation of the ever escalating attack on Western Civilization as a whole by the radical, Islamic world. The perpetrators could not care less if we are in Iraq or if we pull out or if we bow down and kiss their feet. Their only goal is to wipe out (slit the throats of) Western Civilization and anything remotely connected to capitalism, Christianity, Judaism or democracy.

And if we don't seal off our damned borders, our transportation systems, food supplies and water treatment plants will be next.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The irony is Blair has been pushing for more aid for certain African countries some of which are predominantly Islamic. Bite the hand that feeds your brother. These terrorists who attacked in London will blame it on us and Britain for invading their Islamic brothers in Iraq, they are merely retaliating against us Western aggressors. The other irony is possibly many of those killed or wounded may have been part of the large number of British anti-war protestors.
  • It matters not. Nor does it matter that some of those killed might have been Islamics. All that matters is that they were either part of or participating in Western culture, period.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • Sadly, you are right, Don. Now release everyone in Gitmo and see how much worse it can get.
  • Unfortunately, the Muslim extremists are not going away anytime soon. Don't forget, we have been The Great Satan since the days of the Ayatollah Khomeini and they've been gunning for us for over 20 years now.

As far as putting the country in lockdown in order to keep us safe, I don't know if that's really necessary. Notice there has not been an attack on our soil since 9/11 - they've all been other places. I don't suggest we should get complacent, but I don't think we should cry "wolf" yet.

That said, I know I, for one, will be checking under my seat on the train home this evening. x;-)
  • The unfortunate part of this is all the innocents who are killed, no matter what the religion (and one of the bombs went off in an area with a heavy Muslim population).

However, I am sure there are Arabs who believe that only goal of the U.S. is to wipe out Arabs and the Arab civilizations.

As long as there are people on both sides who bomb, kill, have heated rhetoric then the problem will never be solved. Unfortunately, the extremists on both sides will never change and as a result my life and billions of other lives are in constant danger.
    As they used to say "MAKE PEACE, NOT WAR!!!!!"

• I don't know if we can stop this. Taking the war to them does not work because they have no fixed seat of government or citizens to house, feed, water and protect.

In the war for independence, American tactics of hiding behind trees and bushes and picking off the nicely lined up soldiers was something the British could not handle. Similarly, the jungle fighting in Vietnam was something we did not deal with - although politics and the rules of engagement did not help in that one.

Afghan freedom fighters handled the Soviet Union back in the day (and we helped).

Now it is our turn again. We are not fighting a conventional battle here, but we do have conventional forces. There must be ways we can be more effective - I hope we find and use them soon.
  • Contrary to what might be popular belief on the forum, I think that we do need to do a better job of securing our borders, precisely for the reason demonstrated by the bombing. Unfortunately, it ain't going to happen until something overcomes the weight of big business which likes the status quo. That "something" will probably be, unfortunately, an event like today, but closer to home.
  • But, Gillian, considering the relatively low-tech method of suicide bombing, aren't you a bit surprised that we haven't been hit by one in this country yet? There must be some reason. I expected a rash of suicide bombings around Christmas time in shopping malls around America after 9/11 - and yet none have occurred.

I'm not saying security is the reason, but I can't offer any other explanation.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-07-05 AT 03:13PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Once the bombers get in the country, get a taste of the American way of life, they decide they can wait a bit?

Or, they decide the real way to beat us is to enter illegally, get in on all the social programs we offer, burden our systems with all the extra support needed for the undocumented - then hire lawyers to make us redo all our documents in the language de jour, and laugh while we argue in court.

Bleeding us slowly to death.

edit:
    I think my cynicism is acting up again.
  • Interesting points. I think the reason we have not seen any further attacks on American soil is because that is essentially the point of terrorism. They are patiently standing-by waiting for the right time to carry out another mass attack. Then the waiting game will start all over again. Face it, the whole thing would lose shock value if they hit a subway station or skyscraper every other week.

Just my humble opinion.

Gene
  • I have no idea, because McVeigh and the Olympics bombing happened fairly easily because there was nothing in place to prevent them. I also think that it is easier to prevent here than in Europe because we do have two huge oceans and all we have to worry about are two borders. It isn't the same as a set of small countries all connected to each other. Probably there is a lot going on in terms of security that we don't know about, so maybe that plays a role. I know that things went crazy today at the Transit District where I hang out part time. I was planning on finishing a project this morning after a meeting with the Director of Security. That was cancelled because he is busy putting even greater security measures into place.
  • The Oklahoma City and Olympic bombings were done by Americans. No matter how protected our borders, these bombings would still have occurred.
  • Perhaps they were American by birthright, but who knows what their alliances were or who they had been brainwashed by. For 20 years Muslims have heavily recruited within the walls of our prison systems. The objective is to solicit, recruit and brainwash the worst of our worst and the weakest of our weak. That's a pretty smart recruitment tool. They're already pissed off at our system, hate American justice and authority and can easily be swayed to jump in with 'the cause'. Look at the so called hippy-recruits and surely there are others.

I agree that they could easily pop off car bombs here. That's not the game. The game is surprising us with the least expected type of terror WHEN we least expect it. It'll be highway systems, large sporting events, malls, water systems, nuclear plants or power systems....perhaps 40 at a time all across the country. We'll be running mirrors on sticks up under car bumpers in mall parking lots and watching for yellow moving vans and the water system will go up in smoke. The next hit in this country will be something we did not prepare well for. Hell, we signal to the world what our strengths and weaknesses are. We cannot beat them at this game.

Oh, the news just said the UN is thinking about coming out with a brief resolution condemning the bombings in London. Now that ought to scare the pee-willy out of those guys. The dreaded UN resolution.

• I think that you would distinguish between the bad guys and Muslims in general. There are a whole lot of them who are here for a better life or join up because they want to participate in that particular religion. I am joined, through the marriage of my daughter, to a whole clan whose origins are primarily Syria. They react to the acts of al queda the same way that we do.
  • "It's simply a continuation of the ever escalating attack on Western Civilization as a whole by the radical, Islamic world."

The above is a quote from the original post at the top of this thread. I did not know I needed to identify the group in each subsequent post. Those who follow threads and pay attention realize this is a post about "the radical, Islamic World". I apologize for your not paying attention G3. Is that better?

But, in pursuit of your comment, to borrow a frequent question from a multitude of columnists and commentators of all stripes and all media, "Where is the outcry of condemnation from the Muslim community?"

• >But, in pursuit of your comment, to borrow a
    >frequent question from a multitude of columnists
    >and commentators of all stripes and all media,
    >"Where is the outcry of condemnation from the
    >Muslim community?"

Actually, there were lots of condemnations by Muslim religious and political leaders(saw it on BBC,read in NY Times). Maybe the new media should do a better job of reporting.

• Maybe the new media
    >should do a better job of reporting.

I can't help myself, from your post you have identified the real issue, we need a NEW media as the news media today is so slanted I can't listen, watch or read their babble anymore.

• I think the French did it.
  • They must have known they were going to lose all along.
  • Of course they did, Gillian. When did France ever win anything without Britain or the U.S. helping them do it?
  • And to think that French President "Jock" Chirac stated that the French people stand in in solidarity with and behind the Brit's. How comforting is that?? I believe it was either Gen. McCarthur or Gen. Patton who said they would rather have a thousand Germans in front of him rather than a hundred Frenchmen behind him!!

The days of "Peace" as wanton by Whatever are long gone. As long as you have the Islamo-Fascist trying to covert the world thru terrorism, there will be no "peace", if peace means the absence of conflict? The militant Islamist have already stated that Islam is the destiny of England. Have you ever notice that there have been no attacks in France? That's because 10% of the French population is Muslim and given France's penchant to lay down and roll over, the Islamo-Facist Imam's know they can take over France by stealth.
  • Actually, in at least the last 2000 years there has not been one year of peace. And the more famous slogan was "Make Love, not War!!!"
    And, it was not so long ago (just a few hundred years), when the aim of the Crusaders was to eliminate the Muslims. Currently, because France is so afraid of the Muslims, France has passed laws that show intolerance for religion (which one doesn't matter).
    Finally, militant Islamist don't give a damn who they kill (whether Brits, Spaniards, Iraqis, Iranis, Afghnis,Israelis etc. etc.). They may even have a goal..but I don't know what it is. But the real sad part is that these few hundred animals are affecting how several million law abiding, God fearing people are perceived and treated by the rest of the world.

• Words well spoken Whatever, with one exception. The purpose of the Crusades was not to wipe out Islam. The Crusades were to re-capture Jerusalem from the Muslims and give it back to the Christians. Which makes the point that once Muslims capture or conquer land, it is claimed for Allah, considered theirs, and considered sacred. Muslims also belive that Muhammed's body mysteriously went to Jerusalem at the time of his death and then went to "heaven" from Jerusalem making Jerusalem the third holiest city to Islam.

Hence the reason for all the terrorist attacks. They want to conquer the world and claim it for Allah.

Of course we know that Jerusalem has always been the home of and capital city of the Jewish people (for many millenia) and home of the start of Christianity.