BBQ: A Real Man's Cooking

2»

Comments

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-15-05 AT 04:34PM (CST)[/font][br][br].
  • It's OK, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to exploit Kansas beef and the fact I enjoy grilling and eating it. Oh yea, and drinking beer.
  • Too much starch. Corn, Beans and Potatoes all in the same meal? No Beano?

I may be leaning toward Ray on this one. We may be talking here not about Kansas Beef, but Kansas Bull.

And Ray, to your snide remark about kicking cans, which I don't do, I'll have you know that Sunday afternoon I went walking and picked up somewhere around 70 cans, almost $3 worth. And that was just in the back yard. x:D
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-15-05 AT 03:30PM (CST)[/font][br][br].
  • Uh, Kansas bull is beef. x:D I didn't mention that the baked potatoes were saved for the leftover side. I cooked enough steaks that I'll have one tonight.x:9

Tomorrow I'll make PORK happy as I have some ribs to grill.
  • I have to admit that I know men like this do exist. I am married to one. My husband gets off work 1 1/2 - 2 hours before me and has dinner (meat and sides) on the table waiting for me several days a week. And frequently cooks on weekends. The other days are usually ones that we go out or grab something because we are busy. I'm not a bad cook, but I seldom do anymore just because it is more convenient for him to do it. And yes, he often helps with clean up and dishes afterward. (I confess: sometimes I don't get the dishes done at night, and he washes them, without complaint, the next day before cooking dinner.)

Putting this in writing makes me realize that I have no right to ever complain about his other bad habits, huh?
  • I've realized this whole meal deal must be a Kansas thing. So you & Sam may have two stops on your road, HRinNH!

My SO is nowhere near as bad as the original post - he makes the fire out of mesquite wood that he hauls in so there's no propane problem and will actually marinate/season the meat, take it outside and bring it in. Then, he'll help clean up. No complaints.
  • And here I thought all they grew in KS was corn. Well, I'll have to investigate this further.

Cheer up Sam, I know from our visit this spring that you are a great driver! If we get into construction on our road trip, we know who NOT to call.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-16-05 AT 04:53PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Invest in a hand held GPS unit then you'll never be lost.

BTW, Kansas is traditionally a wheat producing state but also grows a lot of corn, sorghum, alfalfa, cotton, etc. Here are some fun beef facts. In 2004 Kansas was 6th in the nation with 1.55 million head of cattle raised. Kansas processed 7.36 million cattle in 2003 and were 3rd in the nation with 5.73 billion pounds of red meat produced. Where’s the beef.