He should have consulted with HR

The PR person for the 49ersis leaving the team following the a highly inappropriate training film (on dealing with the press) that was shown to the team. If he had consulted with any HR professional he would have learned that the film was inappropriate. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • After having viewed most of the film, I have to agree with Don. This wasn't published *by* HR, it came from public relations. Also, it may just have been the website from which I viewed it, but the quality wasn't such that they were watching X-rated materials, or seeing overt abuse of minorities, etc. If you're not seeing the stuff in strip clubs, you're hearing it (or about it) in locker rooms, and I think that was the main point: Keep this kind of stuff in the locker room, not out on public display.

I, myself, actually consider this film an effective tool for its intended audience, which doesn't include most of us.

-Abby
  • I didn't see anything in that film that's not in every American strip bar. Big deal. The guys are adults. They are entitled to 'bone up' on training films.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-02-05 AT 02:37PM (CST)[/font][br][br]For anyone interested in watching the film, go to [url]www.uselessjunk.com[/url] I would not access from work though, there's unsuitable material on the site.
  • Not speaking from experience, but some of the "script" in the "training" film might not be expected even in a strip bar. He definitely shot himself in more than the foot on this one. I believe the quote with the comment on his resignation was something like the discovery and publicity re the film itself turned into the illustration of what he was allegedly trying to train against. (Got that?) Stick to the old adage of don't do/say anything you wouldn't want on the front page of the newspaper (which is where this was).
  • You would think that before the Mayor of SF ok'd the use of his office he would have asked to see the film prior to disbursement.