Needing A Template

Started at daylight and finished up about 4:00 p.m. Laid two pallets of St. Augustine sod, burned a ton of limbs and watered the new grass. I noticed half way through the day that a wheelbarrow has no can-holder. I sold my old Craftsman riding mower last month and bought a new one and the only reason was that it had a can holder on the rear wheel-well. So, my question is; is there an entrepreneur out there or forumite who has a template or suggestion for a can-holder on a wheelbarrow? It makes no sense to work in the yard and not have a can holder. x:-)

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Forget the cupholder. Get one of these special backpacks that bicyclists use. Holds 2.65 liters of your favorite beverage with additional storage for a snack. Completely hands free drinking and it is always right where you want it.
    [url]https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/item/149/[/url]
  • I just use the fence post and then make my way back to it periodically.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-31-05 AT 07:29AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Don't know what you're loading into your wheelbarrow, but I don't know that I want my drink anywhere near what I put into mine on a regular basis. If you insist, how about one of those holders they used to make for the inside of car windows? Do they still make them? Just mount it on a screw that's loose, because it will really have to swivel when you tip that load.

Edit: Then you'll have a screw loose :)
  • Just get a little open-air 2 or 4 wheel "trailer" & hitch it to the back of your mower. It'll hold more than a wheelbarrow, you get a little break driving it to wherever, & you'll have your drink where it's away from any icky stuff you don't want to end up in your drink. My grandfather had one that he made & back in the day during holidays etc. all us grandkids would pile in the back & he'd ride us around his yard. Some thick plywood for the bottom, 2x12's for the sides & some wheels & it lasted him for many, many years. Ahhh, the good ole days.

My can holder is the back bumper of the pick-up. The yard's not that big so it's always relatively close. Kathy
  • Actually I think they make what you are looking for. I have a cup holder that attaches to a stroller. It swivels so that it will stay upright no matter where it is attached.

Check your local Babies-R-Us in the stroller section.
  • You know, I didn't even think about it, but I have those in the boat. They swivel! I guess I could have bought a baby stroller with one of those and used it for a wheel barrow; but, the nosey neighbor would probably report me the first time she saw me tipping the stroller onto my burning pile. On a related note, there is a wacko woman in my neighborhood who has a stroller thing covered with netting and she strolls a puppy in it. It looks like a tiny, zip-upp camping tent on four wheels. Her kids have left the nest and its a psycho thing, my wife says.
  • My sister's mother-in-law has a chihuahua. Thing doesn't know it even HAS legs. It has over 80 different outfits....one is a green leather jacket with a chinese dragon embroidered on it...there are carrying bags and baskets that match the outfits so it never walks and is always properly(?) accessorized. The woman is a NUT - maybe she's related to your neighbor?

Far as cup holders go - you can get a belted "holster" that rides low on the hips that will hold an insulated bottle or flask. Stays out of the way and is always in reach. Also holds sheath for knife, pruners, etc. Think "Batman's utility belt"...Holy Budweiser, Batman!
  • I thought that you had someone to run out upon demand and bring anything that you desired?