NASCAR Experience

This is for anyone out there who may be an adrenaline junkie like myself or perhaps for NASCAR fans or just for any plain ol' thrill seekers. This past Saturday I had the opportunity to attend the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I cannot begin, nor will I try, to describe it. You just have to do it.

For those who may not know about this program, it allows you, after some classroom and on-track instruction, to get behind the wheel of an actual NASCAR Nextel Cup race car and drive it around the track for eight laps at speeds upwards of 140 MPH (I know, it's not 190+ like the real thing, but believe me it is PLENTY fast).

Now, I have done some wild stuff. I have skydived, I have performed miltary static line jumps at 800 feet AGL and HALO jumps with oxygen at 30,000 feet MSL. I have seen combat. I've done wild stuff. Nothing compares to what I did on Saturday.

If you want to know what it's like to hit a 25 degree bank curve at 130 and suddenly see nothing but concrete below you on your left and sky up-top on the right, then do this. You won't regret it.

Comments