The Meridian Diet

Has anyone ever heard of the Meridian Diet? My wife's chiropractor is having a "wellness" session for his patients where he will be introducing the "Meridian Diet". When I checked it out on the internet all I can find are Meridian pills. I told my wife that if this quack is going to start pushing some diet pills, he can go to hell. Anyway we got into a big argument about it. He seems to be a good chiropractor, but I sure am skeptical about this so called diet. Any help? I'm losing the argument.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That's a new one for me too. Did the doc describe any of its features when he announced this wellness session?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-19-05 AT 10:18AM (CST)[/font][br][br]What does any sort of diet have to do with spine manipulation (or is this another form of manipulation).

On a more serious note, contact the American Chirpractic Associate (or whatever their association is called) and ask them about this diet.
  • Not only that, but I checked the website for these diet pills and, lo and behold, one of the may side effects is back pain. So now I'm starting to see this quack is up to. "Manipulation" is right, Whatever.
  • If it looks like a quack, and walks like a quack, it probably is a quack!

Not my favorite profession. I had two of them in my office the other day trying to explain why they need to perform as many manipulations as they do, and I said something like: "You know, you guys are your own worst enemies sometimes. I had a discussion with an employee a while back whose chiro had convinced him that he could prevent colds and flu." One of the two immediately replied by saying that it's been his experience that when he gives patients treatments that they don't get colds and flu, so in his experience, it is true.

I give up!! Tell your wife to be careful of what this chiro is manipulating, besides your checkbook.
  • I heard it's some whole health program...so I checked on-line and the links I found were for the Meridian Institute "RESEARCHING THE SPIRIT-MIND-BODY CONNECTION". There's also a link for Meridian, MS, and a group trying to lose weight there. Maybe Don's heard about it.

• Yeah, there's a group in Meridian, MS losing weight at astronomical rates alright. It's a group of undocumented workers in a 130 degree 53' trailer parked behind the HOGHOUSE!

• Oh I hope that's not true...that's awful.

• 'He seems to be a good chiropractor, but I sure am skeptical about this so called diet. Any help? I'm losing the argument'

Maybe you're missing the point in all of this. Is the chiro in his 30's? Perhaps she's looking for manipulation from someone who is not old enough to be her dad.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-20-05 AT 08:37AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I visit a quack chiropractor occasionally. My husband makes fun of him all the time but can't dispute that he actually makes a difference ... whether it's "all in my head" or not.

Anyway, he talks about meridians also. I think this link will tell you what they are referring to:

[url]http://tuberose.com/meridians.html[/url]

I don't know how much of it I understand ... all I can say is the chiro has helped me feel better by cracking my back. And he has also tested me for food and drink intolerances ... no o.j., Dr. Pepper or Pepsi products, etc. According to him there are lots of environmental influences and foods and drinks that we aren't meant to ingest. And when we do, it throws off the natural balance in our body.

How about that for opening myself up for a ribbing?
  • Thanks, Christy. Hopefully this is it. I can't stand pill pushers.