Pet Peeves

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-06-05 AT 11:12AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Edit: OK, I corrected a misspelling. :( I just knew that would happen. I'm embarrassed at how I represent my employer. Thanks for not bringing it to my attention.
marc's post reminded me about two things which I observed yesterday: In the morning a fellow did a presentation to a group of about a hundred attorneys, risk managers, and HR Directors. He was well-spoken and apparently well-versed in his subject matter. His power point presentation, which I am sure he has used a number of times before, contained a number of grammatical errors though, including misspellings, incorrect word usage, etc.

In the evening, I attended my wife's annual profit sharing meeting. A young, apparently intelligent woman representing a large investment management firm did a presentation on the employer plan. During the presentation, she misused several words repeatedly.

Now, I'll admit that I'm not the best at the King's English, but where are employees who can represent their employers in a fashion which doesn't embarrass them???

Comments