Doctor Cosby

I got the usual monthly junk heap from SHRM, which amounts to nothing but advertisements, and noticed that one of the keynote speakers for the national convention in San Diego will be Doctor Bill Cosby.

Isn't he involved in yet another allegation of drugging women and abusing them sexually? What's next? William Kennedy Smith leading a break-out session on inappropriate workplace conduct? How about a focus group on diversity issues led by World Church of the Creator Matt Hale?

Jeez!

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I like the idea of PoRk speaking on Immigration Reform or Ritaanz speaking on 'The Modern Subservient Woman in Today's Workplace'.
  • How about Don leading a session about the proper balance of liberalism/conservatism - it could be called "Should we, or shouldn't we, include a social consciousness as government policy, and how does that play in the work place".

• Don's idea of a proper balance would leave us all listing hard to starboard, Gillian.
  • Yea, I know, but the speakers and topics in this thread are those that would be completely out of place.
  • "Pregnant, Barefoot And Kicking Ass In The Boardroom" presented by Ritaanz.

"From The Rio Grande To The Hog House. How To Swim Through The Manure Ocean Known As IRCAA" presented by pOrK (close captioned AND translated both for the hearing and pOrK-speak impaired).

"Retirement On A Shoestring Budget-South Of The Border-Style" presented by G3.

"Have Your Cake And Eat It Too-Casual Sex In The Workplace" Presented by HRRockets (co-sponsored by Hallmark Cards and Trojan Condoms)

Ok, that should keep us going...............

Gene
  • "Parabeagle - How to Wing it in the HR World - An Old Airman's Perspective"

"From My Vantagepoint - A Montage of Advice from an Expert Witness and Academecian - None of That Experience Stuff; By G3 & Associates, LLP"

"How to be an HR Expert With a Journalism Degree, with James S." (6 continuing education credits)

"Managing HR Responsibilities from a Totally Liberal Perspective", co-authored by Judy, Whatever and Whirlwind (to the tune of 'From Nine to Five')

"The HR Function Through The Eyes Of Leviticus", by HRinNH

"Lost in Space" - By Raymond, accompanied by The Everybody Loves Raymond Choir and The Harlem Brass Band
  • Sam could teach a class on "How to take over the Town Hall" and then a supplement course on "How to hold a successful Dinner Interview"...with optional dancing afterwards.

• I think Sam could do something more in line with "Heels, Flats and Painted Toes in Today's Workplace". Or, perhaps, "Stomping Your Way To The Top With Stilettos!"
  • I'd just like to point out that "accused" does not mean he actually did anything! Regrettably, he has deep pockets and some would go to great lengths to have a check written in their name.

• Don and Gene: Thanks for your great suggestions. But I was thinking more along the lines of "The male homosapien and his dependence on crouch holding during stressful times". I feel it is important for all HR people to understand the nuances we encounter on a daily basis.