Storms

Just got done reading about the storms in Mississippi...and my first thought was of Don and his bottle tree (and various other doodads in his yard). I read that an area outside of Jackson got hit hard. I hope everyone is okay. I guess the tornado/severe thunderstorm season has started.

The rain last week in this area put alot of places in New Jersey and Easton PA under water. Some people have just completed rebuilding from the floods of last year.

I don't know how they do it!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Our area was in the middle of severe weather for most of the day with straight-line winds, heavy rain, flash flooding, multiple tornado sightings and touchdowns with flooding to follow. One area south about 14 miles suffered severe tornado activity with quite a few homes destroyed. Many reported that 'weather radio' saved their lives. No fatalities, which is a miracle. The nightly local news just showed paramedics bringing people out strapped on boards mounted on 4 wheelers because ambulances couldn't get into neighborhoods due to downed trees and lines. Several schools heavily damaged. My brother in law lost a dog pen and shed but his wife said he didn't need them anyway.

Geno and Pork: The reports of my demise are much exaggerated. I must be livin' right. Sorry. x:-)
  • Initially I read your post too quickly and thought you said that your brother-in-law had lost his dog pen and shed his wife but didn't need them anyway. Oops! x:D