Bye.........

I want to thank you all for your very informative and funny posts. I have learned a lot since joining the forum. I will not be on much as the company has finally hired an HR Director to handle everything and I will be getting back to the position I was hired for. I am an Accounting Manager and inherited the HR position when no one else could or would. The HR Manager starts next week and over the next month I will be handing everything to her.

Thank you! I will miss everyone! x:'(

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks for participating. It is good you stepped up when asked.
  • Michelle, make sure you tell the new HR person about us....well, maybe not all of us.

Good luck on the outside.
  • Good luck as you get back to your original job. Hope being in H-R for a while hasn't ruined you for life!
  • You still have total access to the sign-on and the account, even though somebody is coming in. Continue to use the Forum and tell her/him about it in good time. But, don't quit using it. It will also help you in accounting. dd
  • I don't plan on leaving completely. She knows about the forum and had used it before, but doesn't seem interested in using it now. Thank you all for the the good wishes.
    HR hasn't been detrimental to my life. It has actually been very beneficial. It has given me insight into a different aspect of the company. I like being well informed.
    I will still be using the forum just not as frequently.
  • I'm Back......I have to say that I didn't think the HR Director would last. I was correct. She started Monday and never came back from lunch yesterday. I thought she would last longer than a day and a half, but she didn't see eye to eye with her supervisor. He wanted a puppet and she didn't want to be the puppet.

So I will have to continue picking up the slack.
  • WOW! Job abandonment on the part of a Director-level professional? This has the makings of a juicy gossip column. Do tell........
  • The head of my company (community health care) is very arrogant, controlling and chauvinistic. The Hr Director caught on quickly after a few conversations with him. She made a comment to me about never being able to change him or his views. He tends to set people up for failure by not training them and he doesn't want people he perceives as knowing more than him in positions were they might replace him. He hires/promotes people into positions that they are not qualified for so he can blame them when things go wrong. This is not an easy company to work for and I am trying to find a way out.

She called me this morning to tell me to get out quickly as she feels that things might come to a head with him quickly. She feels that he is not doing his job properly and that he rules by fear and intimidation. These are all things I could have told her. I could go on forever about this guy and how some of the members in the community feel about him, but I shouldn't waste my energy on him.
  • "The head of my company (community health care) is very arrogant, controlling and chauvinistic. The Hr Director caught on quickly after a few conversations with him. She made a comment to me about never being able to change him or his views. He tends to set people up for failure by not training them and he doesn't want people he perceives as knowing more than him in positions were they might replace him. He hires/promotes people into positions that they are not qualified for so he can blame them when things go wrong. This is not an easy company to work for and I am trying to find a way out."

I think he's the same guy who reads everything typed on the company computers. dd