I wish.................

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 10:26AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Sorry, this was not meant to be in this section.

Man-o-man! The weather here in TN is perfect today! I wish I could skip out of work. I just daydreamed for a few minutes at my desk:

Hmm, first stop, grocery store for ribeyes and lemons. Then, home to make lemonade, do odds and ends around the yard and house. No later than 11:30 the ribeyes are on the grill. I eat promptly at 12:00. Dessert is pecan pie. By 12:30 I'm on the couch to catch a Dukes of Hazzard re-run (I think they're back on). Then, it's nap time. Wake-up around 3:30 and go outside to finish the lattice work around the deck.

Comments

• 22 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Waaaaayyy too cold and snowy here to work outside. But, I worked hard this morning rearranging my office and fixing a chair that was getting loose. You've inspired me to put a good CD on the stereo and just hang out on my couch until it is time to go home.

• Buying lemons? I guess that's what happens some places. I have a whole tree full, but in the interest of landscaping it will soon be shredded, spindled and mutilated. We're keeping the lime tree though.
  • I understand! He have been in the low 80's for the past couple days, it's just too nice to be inside working.
  • Ha! I just wish I could go to work. It's 69 degrees and sunny and will be 74 and sunny tomorrow. I am frankly tired of sitting out on the patio in the sun, grilling steaks, sleeping, lounging, inventing new drinks and feeding the birds.
  • You forgot THE most important thing: it's also 24 days and approximately 10 minutes until OPENING DAY!!!!!
  • Opening day of what? Oh, now I remember. Last year about this time you were bragging about John Tom or whatever his name is, I asked who that was and you went into a long dissertation about how he was the best whatever at whatever he does. If I remember correctly, he didn't help enough because some other team won.
  • His name is Jim Thome (pronounced toe-me) and he's still the best dang first baseman in the National League. If by "winning" you mean "winning it all" then yes, winning isn't generally part of the Philadelphia sports fan experience. However, the Phillies had a winning record last year, so they were "winners" in that sense. This is an old industrial town, and all we ask from our teams is an honest day's work. The Phillies do that for the most part.
  • Since I really don't care who wins, I hope that it is your team.
  • You "don't care"???? What kind of crazy talk is that? The nice thing about baseball is at least we have ONE thing in our popular culture older than Mickey Mouse.
  • Yes, Jim Thome is the best - a former Cleveland Indians first baseman and designated hitter. Cleveland is leading the pre-season games! Let's see what happens when it counts towards the world series.

Today I wish . . . I was a waitress in a fine seafood restaurant eating all the free king crab legs I want, making exhorbitant tips, choosing my own hours, and forwarding all complaints to the owner.
  • Someone from Maryland rooting for the Indians? What about your Oriolaes, with their new off season signing - Slamming Sammy Sosa. Who by the way, told Congress politely, "Thanks but no thanks" when he received his subpoena for hearing next Thursday. His agent is now saying they have to look at the subpoena and may reconsider. Might be a good idea!
  • I hail from Akron, Ohio (Yankee territory near Cleveland). When we moved to Maryland (South of the Mason-Dixon line), I tried to become an Orioles fan, but my heart is for Cleveland. The Orioles is my second choice, Philly is my third.
  • Let me know if you want to talk about the 'PONY League strikeout record' in the state of MS. Now THAT'S baseball..........!

Never heard of Gem Torme. Is he the brother of Mel Torme?
  • Let's hear about this strikout record! Give me stats and names!

(Guess you can tell I love baseball).

• Yeah, he's known as "The Velvet Mit."
  • Sam, how 'bout them Nationals! They may come before the Orioles in your list -- at least that's what the media is saying. Baseball back in DC, wow! Now if only the politicians will stay out of it.
  • Oh Yeah. I almost forgot about them. I'll put them in line after the Orioles and before Phila. And there's another connection. Frank Robinson was manager of the Cleveland Indians about 20 years ago. That's a long time 'out of it.' We'll see! You're right. Keep the politicians away - except to watch.
  • If the politicians stayed out of it the Nationals would NEVER get a new ballpark, and would end up moving on to a different city. It has to be a partnership between local government and the ownership of the team. Do you really want to go to RFK for a ball game?
  • How you can let this thread go from lemonade to subpoenas is beyond me. I was enjoying envisioning your relaxing afternoon.

But, alas, I'm in the same boat as Ray. We got another 10 inches of new snow from Friday to Saturday night. Woke up to bright sunshine, lots of white stuff on the trees and ground, and it got up to mid 40's and melted most of it.

I'll keep dreaming of daffodils, b-b-q's and the cute new sandals I saw at the mall that I am going to buy as soon as I can put my boots away.
  • Spring is in the air in Dallas as well, course with Texas weather it's not consistent. Saturday was 87 degrees sunny and windy! I picked up a bunch of helium filled balloons for my daughters party and nearly got blown away with them. That might have actually been fun. Had to turn on the a/c Saturday afternoon but then woke up Sunday morning to a chilly 50 degree day and today is only going to reach 60. But I love this time of year the trees are covered with buds and things are getting greener, flowers are growing, nothing better than the newness of spring! Time to fall in love again, at least with nature.
  • I'm so jealous of all this warm weather talk! We'll be lucky to hit 40 by the end of the week.
  • I spent most of the day raking pine straw in 73 degree sunshine in the back. I did stop long enough for a cool bottle of water. Most of my new friends are the robins who appreciate me removing the pine straw and leaving them tons of fresh green shoots of grass and damp dirt full of things that crawl and squirm. Friends have sent me photos of snow but I haven't seen any myself in years and years.