Super Bowl Stars

Deione Branch, Superbowl MVP (Patriots), and Todd Pinkston, for the Eagles, most catches, former University of Southern Mississippi..both are Mississippi Boys.

Well, if Brett Favre and the Manning Young-un couldn't play, I guess this'll do. A dream would be for Deuce McCallister to someday play in this game. He's a local guy 34 miles to the East.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Glad your state got some attention Don. Both played excellent games, I thought.

My stars were the mixed choir from the academies singing the national anthem, the WWWII vets still keeping cadence as they went on the field and OF COURSE our local school kids signing and singing America the beautiful a la Ray. They were (and still are) soooooo excited to have been there.
  • Todd Pinkston made one heck of a good catch and got virtually no notice for it. He leaped and stretched for the ball and hung on to it. The MC's were too focused on Westbrook and Lewis. Pinkston went out because of severe muscle cramps and we never heard anymore after that. Terry Bradshaw would have followed up.