Calling in sick?

Hey everyone, been away for awhile. This ties into an old thread. According to MSN Careers, here's the 20 most unusual excuses workers gave for calling in sick:

I was sprayed by a skunk.

I tripped over my dog and was knocked unconscious.

My bus broke down and was held up by robbers.

I was arrested as a result of mistaken identity.

I forgot to come back to work after lunch.

I couldn't find my shoes.

I hurt myself bowling.

I was spit on by a venomous snake.

I totaled my wife's jeep in a collision with a cow.

A hitman was looking for me.

My curlers burned my hair and I had to go to the hairdresser.

I eloped.

My brain went to sleep and I couldn't wake it up.

My cat unplugged my alarm clock.

I had to be there for my husband's grand jury trial.

I had to ship my grandmother's bones to India.

I forgot what day of the week it was.

Someone slipped drugs in my drink last night.

A tree fell on my car.

My monkey died.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey, Leslie good to see you posting again. Stop in more often especially with good stuff like this.
  • I don't see anything wrong with #5 or #17. I've used both several times.
  • Add these two real-life ones I have experienced. The first one happened in PA, where it is common for people to lease "islands" on the Susquehanna for either fishing, camping and/or partying. The second one happened here in TN about 9 months ago.

1-I woke-up this morning at my island and my john boat had drifted away. I have to wait for Wildlife Resources to take me to shore.

(Employee calling during lunch break)

2-I'll be late coming back from lunch. I got pulled-over and failed the field sobriety test and have to go to the station and take a Breathalyzer.
    (He was subsequently charged with DUI)

Gene
  • #6 is a viable excuse for women except it should be edited "couldn't find the right shoes to go with my outfit". This has happened to me a few times.

...and who would own a monkey? x:-/
  • >I couldn't find my shoes.
    >
    >>
    >I tried that once (Obviously when I was much younger). Unfortunately, it was the day after I spent my lunch at the shoe store. One of the things I have learned at my not quite old age is "Timing is everything." The other thing I have learned is "Always buy shoes on weekends or after work especially if you don't have a car and have to carry the evidence (oops, I mean boxes) into the office."