Where's Ralph!

Ralph Nader has been my choice all along, but now I'm starting to wonder, "Where is he?" There are two things I expect from a candidate: 1. Run for the office, and 2. Campaign. With no Ralphy Boy in sight it looks like I'll be voting for Bush now.

Ralph would have been so great as president. Using the same techniques he used to protect us against the Corvair, he would go after the terrorists. (I'll bet there are none of you out there that has ever been hurt by the Corvair. See? It worked.) Plus, being Arab, he would have good insight as to how the Arab nations wage their wars.

The main reason Ralphy would be so great is that he would create the biggest gridlock in the federal government we've ever seen. Think about it. No more silly ass little laws that chink away at our freedoms and our wallets. No more revised COBRA, HIPAA, or FMLA regulations. No more pork. (Not you, Pork. Just plain pork, as in barrel.)
All we would have are millions of government workers running in place. What ever they did manage to pass, Ralphy Boy would veto.

Hey, this really works. Back when Arnie Carlson was governor of Minnesota, The democrats would pass all these inocuous little, feel good laws and Arnie would veto them all. At the end of the session everyone would go home and nobody got hurt. Granted, there were a few things that did get passed. Here in the Land of 10,000 Campaign Visits By Major Candidates Except Ralphy, we now have a state muffin (Blueberry) and we can legally bring hot dishes to church potluck dinners.(This is another story.) So you see, even with virtual gridlock, progress does happen.

Come out, Ralphy, where ever you are. I can't wait much longer.

Comments