Honky Tonkers for Truth

Democrats and other opponents of the current administration (especially those who are country music lovers), let me cordially invite you to the following site for a musical interlude:

[url]http://www.takinmycountryback.com/main.htm[/url]

This is a real song, not a JibJab deal (though those are great too), brought to you by Honky Tonkers for Truth.

Bush supporters, enter at your own risk.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I entered at my own risk and found a rather mediocre attempt to copy the voice of Randy Travis. Somewhat illegitimate as no artist was identified. Not many country music fans out there are supporters of the two most liberal senators in the USA.

For equal time, give a listen to Charlie Daniels, Lee Greenwood, Toby Keith, Montgomery-Gentry, The Gatlin Bros and Travis Tritt's versions of America's crisis. Just down-home good people putting their kids/grandkids on the school bus, bringin' home KFried Chicken, worryin' about our safety and goin' to church on Sunday. Like the majority of us. x:-)
  • I have, indeed, listened to Toby Keith et al, which is why I find this tune a little bit of a refreshing change from the typical fare of corporate radio. I like and listen to music of all types (and I do mean ALL, though I definitely need to apply a bit more effort to my opera appreciation), and I don't reject artists because their political positions run counter to my own (and I'm not saying you do either). Hey, I'm just going to listen to their music, not marry'em. There's room for all of us in this great big world, and even in the somewhat smaller great big world of arts and entertainment.

As to the identity of the singer, band, songwriter, etc., you need only have clicked the other buttons on the home page of the site.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 10-24-04 AT 05:50PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I'm not sure what the liberal definition of 'corporate radio' is. Maybe it's the federally funded PBS. The artists I mentioned produce CD's and tapes that may or may not wind up on radio. They don't produce music FOR corporate radio, whatever that is.

With a legitimately posted song by a reputable artist, one would not have to scroll around and click on a variety of icons to find out who the artist is. Face it, the link you posted is just a weak liberal attempt to sway some Southern teenage voters into thinking some country crooner is a Kerry supporter. As has been said, "He will do anything."
  • Re: "Corporate radio." I don't know about in Mississippi, but around here, the major, successful country music stations, on which I hear all and enjoy some of the artists you mentioned, are owned by big broadcasting corporations (e.g. Clear Channel) which control their playlists. It's difficult for non-mainstream artists to break into those playlists. The same thing applies to rock stations. Most of the indie rock bands I love, I don't hear their music on the radio for the most part. I first saw them live or was referred to their websites by friends, or whatever. On most bands' websites, you click on one icon for "music" and another for "biography" and another for "lyrics" and another for "tour dates" or "shows" and another for "merchandise"...and so forth. This is not unusual. Why would you think you would hear anything but the song when you hit the play button on a music download?

>Face it, the link you posted is just a weak liberal attempt to sway some Southern teenage voters into thinking some country crooner is a Kerry supporter. As has been said, "He will do anything." <

Regarding that comment, first of all, surely you don't think every legitimate country artist supports Bush?? Do you leave no room for the possibility that some country artists do not share your views? Secondly, I sincerely hope that Southern teenage voters can think for themselves.

• I'm not a honky tonk fan but that has a catchy tune, and a real good message.
  • Then you would probably LOVE the Dixie Chicks. Their sales are down a bit. Buy one.