Ivan check-in

OK all you forumites in harmsway, check in to let us know how you fared. From what we've seen up here it was a a real whompin gullywasher. Bet Don's bottle tree was whistling like a steam loco. Hope all is well with everyone.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Our property in Birmingham has lost power and we have 70 rooms full of cranky guests. Everyone is awaiting the shipment of flashlights, batteries, power lanterns and glowsticks we shipped overnight from Oregon. So far no injuries or damage reported.
  • As I mentioned on your other thread, whoever decided to ship batteries the day before the hurricane should be examined by a psychiatrist.

It's been daylight now for about 8 hours. The guests can stroll around town and pick up their own batteries when they're shopping for rum. Roads and bridges are impassable in some of the areas, power is out in my state alone to 80k customers, houses are missing, tree limbs are everywhere and the rains are just beginning in some areas. Roads from Muscle Shoals Alabama toward the Florida panhandle were either destroyed, bridges collapsed or are otherwise impassable. And we're worried about glowsticks for guests? Get Real!

As for Shadow's kind inquiry, I got up at 2:00 to follow it. Lucky for my state and New Orleans, it turned a bit North, Northeast. Several counties in my state (7 I think) have been declared disaster areas by the president and our emergency responders are there. No loss of life recorded yet in this state, but power is off to lots of places, roads are impassable, trees are down and a few houses are missing.
  • We have family in FL that still haven't dried out since the last storms and they're beginning to quack.