Charles Schultz Philosophy

You don't really have to take this quiz. Just read it through and you'll get the point.

1. Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last 5 Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last 5 winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Serices winners.

HOW DID YOU DO? Continue on:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name 5 people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.

EASIER? - The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. And "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!" --- Charles Schultz

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • So I guess I should feel honored when people compare me with Charlie Brown? A couple days ago I took the back way home from work which takes me through the town I grew up in and left 27 years ago. I passed the high school I attended which brought back memories of specific teachers. About a mile away, I passed the elementary school I attended and the home of my 2nd grade teacher. She and the chicken coops they had are long gone, but I still have fond memories of her as a wonderful teacher, one who cared and took an interest in me all the way through high school and into college. Very appropos, Sam.
  • Raymond: You've made a difference in my life; but, I take issue with you saying you grew up 27 years ago!
  • OK Don, you win. I'll drive the 60 miles to Corning Glass Works and have them blow a custom made red bottle for your tree.
  • >The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.>

So true. I learned all over again this weekend how important friends are...and a weekend in the mountains once or twice a year sure helps!

Ray, it's neat that you've lived in the same place for sooooooo long. Sometimes I think it would be fun to go back and visit all the places I lived growing up but I would need a lot more vacation time than I have now.