"sensitive"

How many people really ( i mean REALLY) believe that when Kerry stumped that, in addition to other qualities, his war on terror would be more "sensitive" he meant the warm fuzzy kind of sensitive??
x:-/

I'm just really curious about real people's thoughts without media intervention!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think that comment happened while he was in Las Vegas, but I did not hear about it until I saw a news excerpt of Cheney response about it. I also heard a Democratic spin meister indicating it was just like a Bush comment months ago discussing the need for us as a superpower to sensitive. I have not heard that Kerry actually meant some other type of sensitive. Can someone enlighten me as to the current spin?
  • I'm just not sure how one might respond to a wartime attack 'sensitively'. Cheney handled it appropriately. How do you slit throats, blow away villages and peck rounds between brown eyes in a sensitive fashion? What have I missed?
  • "Hi, ok, we're going to blow your village to smithereens whether you are hiding WMD or not. How do you feel about that? Would you like to talk about it? Would you like a Red Cross ration? Can I give you the name of someone to talk to about this? Don't hide your feelings, keeping it all inside only makes it worse"

what a silly thing to say; now our candidates are even. 8-|
  • I don't know how many different kinds of "sensitives" there are so, until Kerry says which one he was referring to, I can only assume he meant the warm, fuzzy, cozy, Jimmy Carter type of sensitivity that worked so well against the Iranian extremmists.
  • I'll make a stab at translating 'Kerryspeak' of the moment: most of the definitions in my Webster do not even come near the concept I suspect Kerry was refrencing - kinder, gentler war - but the #2 definition fits with his stated beliefs (to the extent they can be pinned down):sensitive. Readily or excessively affected by external agencies or influences, i.e. UN, allies (whether with us or against us, ACLU, PITA etc
    Personally I like the #1 definition for wartime activities: sensitive. endowed with sensation; having perception through the senses, i.e. you ain't gonna like it when I fire this rocket up your backside!
  • I just didn't assume that he meant "warm fuzzy" sensitive... I thought that he meant sensitive, as in atuned and responsive to a situation...as in "my mouse is sensitive to vibrations"

Thanks for all your thoughts...I'm always curious to see how such things register with real people rather that "polls"