What makes it worthwhile?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 03:13PM (CST)[/font][br][br]One of our police officers has triplets who take allergy medicine. The doctor prescribed one that is not on the formulary list that is also not a covered RX. The doctor refused to complete the form to get it covered. Not fair to the employee. I hammered our group contact until we got the RX. Today, our officer came in with two thank you cards written on construction paper in a four-year-old's print: "Thank you, Sam, for helping to get the medicine I needed." Of course written with Mom's assistance, complete with smile stickers, stick people, and a sunshine.

Another employee got the bad news that he'll need back surgery and will not be able to return at the end of his leave. He hugged me on the way out and said how nice it was to have worked with me.

I sure needed this today. Don't you love those things that actually make you feel the other side of HR besides being the heavy? It's better than any certificate!

Comments