SHOVE IT!!

2»

Comments

• I'm glad you found it interesting. I, however, found typical of the scurrilous arguments of this presidential campaign particularly by Republicans.
  • Whatever, HR Diva's posting is right on. How long have the Democrat's accused the Republicans of being the party of the rich. Now the Democrats are the party of the super rich. Kerry & Edwards combined wealth exceeds $1 billion in comparison to Bush-Cheney's of $65 million.

Kerry accuses company's of "offshoring" all the while Heinz Corp has 75% of it's manufacturing plants over-seas or out-of-country.

Kerry et.al. accuse the Republicans of giving tax cuts to only the wealthy. Yet the IRS shows that those who make $125,000+/year pay 96% of income taxes and yet they only received a 10% tax cut while everyone else received at least a 15-25% tax cut or were put into a no-tax status.

Democrats accuse the Bush of being in bed with Ken Lay (no pun intended) and yet FEC records show that Clinton received 3 times the amount of money from Ken Lay & Enron then what Bush received. The FEC records also show that Democrat politicians received more money from Enron, Global Crossing, WorldCom, etc then the counter part Republican politicians.

In summary, Kerry epitomizes the Democratic party in one word: Hypocrisy.

By the way, Kerry lost his election last night when he said he would not privatize Social Security. How dumb is that. It's my money, why shouldn't I be able to have a say in how it is managed for my retirement. I mean the gov't figuratively holds a gun to my head taking my money from me. The least they can do is let me have a say in what happens to it.
  • It's my money, why
    >shouldn't I be able to have a say in how it is
    >managed for my retirement. I mean the gov't
    >figuratively holds a gun to my head taking my
    >money from me. The least they can do is let me
    >have a say in what happens to it.

Slogan, I tried that argument with the Multnomah Co. folks when they came to collect my penalize-me-for-not-having-kids tax. They didn't buy it, either.

• This stuff amazes me. Teresa Heinz Kerry is widowed when her husband dies in a plane crash, inherits the "business" as most wives do when their husbands pass, falls in love, remarries - and this makes John Kerry a gigolo?

The man was 23 when he went into the service, 27 when he came out. He earned a Silver Star, a Bronze Star with Combat V, and three Purple Hearts. For minor made up injuries?!?! Please.

Give it a rest - the candidates are trying to.
  • Yes, but you're forgetting, Leslie - George W. Bush was an MIA --

Alabama Air Guard couldn't find him for the longest time. x;-)

• I mean the gov't
    >figuratively holds a gun to my head taking my
    >money from me. The least they can do is let me
    >have a say in what happens to it.

Let's see. I got a tax break on my federal taxes. The national debt reaches an all-time high that my kids will pay off with their taxes.
    NYC (as well as many other states and localities) has financial problems. Gets less aid. Has big expenses for security (for which NYC doesn't get it's fair share). Therefore, real estate taxes went up 18%, the sales tax went up 1/4 of a percent, a sales tax was added on clothing. In other words, that tax cut is costing me and (in the future)my kids a lot of money. And guess what, I have no say on it. I just pay.
  • I cannot fathom those kind of high tax rates you all pay out there and I don't want to. However, my point is being missed.

I also pay taxes and don't have a say in how it is used as far as security, highway maintenance, etc is concerned (except for those who I elect as my rep.). There are some taxes we all pay for the good of all.

That being said, 401K's & IRA's are regulated but I still have a say in what happens to that money. Deferred Compensation programs are regulated but I still have a say in what happens to that money. It is personnal money for retirement just as SS is suppose to be. So why shouldn't I have a say in how my retirement money is invested (or not invested). I realize there is no "account" sitting out there with my name on it, but there is suppose to be money set aside for me (if congress would keep their hands out of it). So at least let me have a say in my SS money just like I have a say in how my other retirement account money is handled.

P.S. Tax cuts don't cost, they pay, ask any honest economist. Therefore it is erroneous to ask how we are going to pay for tax custs, tax cuts pay for themselves in increased revenue.