A Heartwarming Story

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-20-04 AT 03:17PM (CST)[/font][br][br]This is a heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers. This makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race. A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start to build a house on the empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers. She hung around the site and eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her and let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar. The little girl took this home to her mother who said the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the dollar she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own paycheck at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a crew building a house." "My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?" The little girl replied, "I will if those useless #@%*&;# at Home Depot ever bring us the #@!$ing drywall!"

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Gee, that's a direct quote that I said to my brother this past weekend!
  • ha ha Thanks for the laugh I was afraid it was going to be sappy until I noticed who the poster was...
    smile
  • That is similar to a little Johnny joke I heard years ago. Johnny was bored and his mother asked him what was wrong and he said “Momma I’m Bored.” She replied, “Why don’t you get your blocks out and build something.” Johnny replied, “but Momma, I don’t know how to build anything.” She said, “Johnny, go down to the corner to the construction site and watch them for a while and come back and do what they do.” With that he disappeared for several hours. Upon his return he got out his blocks and built a wall. His Momma came into the room and exclaimed “my what a wonderful wall you’ve created.” Johnny stepped back, squared his hands up and said, “yea Momma, it’s alright but that top block on the corner, no not that one the other one, can you move it to the right just a #$%^ hair.” With that she replied, “What did you say?” “That top block, move it to the right just a #$%^ hair.” She said, “Go outside and get me a switch.” He replied, “go get your own $%^^&$& switch, I ain’t no @#$%^&; electrician!”

With that I will apoligize to all who may have been offended including the owner(s) of this site and their representatives.
  • Great story. Needed the laugh today. x:-)
  • very cute. Very realistic too. You never do know exactly what kids are absorbing, and what they will remember!
  • OH MY GOD...My husband is a General Contractor and if I have heard that EXACT sentence 10 times...I'ave heard it 100. What I have found working for my husband's business, if you don't talk like that by the end of the day...your *&%*ing amazing.

While helping put siding on a house once...I fell off the scaffolding...I taught those guys some words they NEVER heard. I made them blush and mouths gape open...my husband made me call it a day. ;;)