Plans for Peace

I recently got these two e-mails and wonder if they may have been written by the same person!

Plan for Peace:

1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini and the rest of them 'good old boys'. We will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No more sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself, don't hide here. Asylum would not ever be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers.

5) No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else.

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere". They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if any anyway.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, it would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

And added to the list this quote from Robin Williams:

11) The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want a piece of me?"

Plan for Peace II:

If General George Patton were alive and President of the USA, this would be his Fireside Speech:

My fellow Americans:

As you all know, the defeat of Iraq's regime has been completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete. This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short: The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, Norway and Poland are some of the countries listed there. The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective right now, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war. The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France. In the future, together with Congress, I will work to cut taxes and solve some local problems. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority-you, boys work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there. Big tables, too. I'm ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades.

We are retiring from NATO as well. I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. Pay your tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are going to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I have a couple of extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I'm gonna put 'em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty-starting now. It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying darn tootin'. Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to cut taxes here because we will not be spending it on other peoples problems.

To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you. To the nations on List 2, a final thought. Drop dead. God bless America. Thank you and good night.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ah, yes. A return to the good old, isolationist America championed by so many in the first part of the 20th century... unfortunately, the attack on Pearl Harbor showed us that isolationism is NOT possible. Most of the items in both "plans for peace" are laughable. Those that aren't laughable are impossible. Those that aren't impossible are downright spooky.
  • Although maybe not practicable, it's sort of like the old standing radio and chairs arranged around it by the fireplace at grandma's, listening to an old Jack Benny routine or 'The Shadow Knows', ...sure do think I'd like to give it a try.
  • Goodness sakes, Beags, they're e-mails...and ones that didn't even come from my way-Republican bro-in-law who simply delights in sending me stuff that would light even the most mild of Democrats' fuse. I wan't advocating anything - just noticed the similarities...Honest. xflash
  • Okay, Leslie. I believe you. I always thought you had more sophistication than that. x;-)

This is one Democrat whose fuse was not lit, just reacting to the striking of the match. x;-)
  • I got the first one at home several months ago. The body of the e-mail attributed the message to Robin WIlliams. Interesting comments from one in Hollyweird, huh.
  • RoadKing, I checked on snopes.com about the whole thing being attributed to Robin Williams, because it didn't sound like him to me. Turns out number 11 was the only one that was his.
  • I agree it is not practical, but it is still great fun to contemplate. The bottom line for me is I would rather face these zealous scums now, AND ON THEIR TERRITORY THAN LATER ON OURS.We will never change their minds, nor will we ever democratize them. They will never cease wanting to kill us, because it is in the name of their religion (whether mistakenly, overzealously or for own morbid purposes).So, what to do but destroy them sufficiently now to be a much less signigficant threat, and then let them kill each other off at will. Oh yeah, and on the way out, take the oil! See if the European cars can run on pomfrites oil! They hate us anyway for trying to help them. As my dad used to say, "if your gonna cry, I'll give you somthin to cry about.."
  • I agree with Shadow's opening line. A local sports annoucer is currently in Europe and called in yesterday to radio program in which he participates. He mentioned the anti American sentiments. (he was in London) He said he was not so surprised that they existed, but that they were based on so much MIS information (which he attributed to the media) He said they just had no facts. He said they viewed all Americans as identical..just alike..(HA, I thought, we should put this forum on overseas) I didn't see anything in the press about it, but he mentioned a comment by Tony Blair to the effect that one of these days the Americans were going to pull up our bridge and leave the world to themselves which they would regret.
  • While some of that is not practical, some of it is. Imagine the money we could save by cutting off aid to those corrupt governments and countries. France is such a great suck up that I'm sure they could pick up the slack! It also seems that Germany still has some making up to do around the world.

So in all it's jockularity, there is a seed of probability.