National Anthem

Did anyone happen to see Aretha Franklin sing (Lip Sync) the National Anthem before last nights game? It was so bad that it was almost disgraceful! Why would they have to have someone of her caliber lip sync. If she couldn't sing then just get someone else. It became so bad that by the end, she was singing words that didn't even follow the rendition of the song that they were using. Sorry, I was so disgusted that I had to get this off my chest!!!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I agree. It was one of those times I was thankful for the "mute" button on my remote.

• It was the only thing Detroit did not do better than LA.
  • I know a lot of you have voiced that you don't care for Kid Rock, but I gotta tell you, did you see his rendition of the National Anthem before the basketball game Monday night? It was damn good, folks.
  • Leslie, I don't think he sang the national anthem. I think he sang America, didn't he? (Or somebody did during one of the games).

• Yes, he did do America, and yes, she most definately lip synced, and horribly badly at that. It was all the talk on the Detroit radio sport talk stations yesterday, and this ams paper has her reps saying unequivocably she did not sync. Even some idiot repping the Palace says she didn't. Horsefeathers! She may be the Queen of Soul, but in the Detroit area, she is better known for not paying her bills and having to be dragged to court for almost everything. And why do the networks think they have a duty to protect these frauds? Once she started (2 minutes after the words were heard) ABC never took another closeup, and backed up to the rafters until she finished (sometime into the 2nd quaerter). I don't care if she lip syncs, but have the integrity to be up front about it, and if she's putting herself out there, then let us see all of it for what it is. The same can be said for some of the tech fouls - which ABC never replayed, and some times never even acknowledged verbally. All we saw was some lonely player taking a free throw. I heard some sound engineer say Aretha was being picked up on a mic about 300 feet away from her, that's why it appeared to be synced. Well, I guess her angelic back up singers (whereever they were) were also exactly 300 feet from their mic too because at least her voice and their voices were in sync.
    'don't believe nuthin ya hear, and be mighty suspicious of at least 90% of whut ya see...
  • Okay guys, you got me. I was watching the game at a bar and it was noisy, okay? Still thought it was good though!