HR Ambassadors

The Detroit Pistons should be the poster boys of HR!
They come to work every day!

They come to work!

They are team players!

They listen to advice and counselling!

They work hard to find a way to get it done!

They acknowledge the support of management!

They acknowledge the importance of their customers!

They get it done on time and under budget (they used up all the home games available, maximizing the owners profit) and avoiding the unecessary costs of travel back to La La!

If guys makin gazillions $ a year can be blue collar - these are 'em!!

(And last I heard, the town wasn't burned down -eat your hat Jimmy Kimmel!

BLUE COLLAR BOYS FOR HR EMP/EES OF THE YEAR!!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I can't even try to defend the Lakers. I was astonished at how bad they played throughout the whole series. They looked like a junior varsity high school team out there.

And add to that- the Pistons just being on fire the whole series and just couldn't be stopped. The Pistons were clearly the better team this time.

Wait til next year! (if Phil, Kobe and the rest decide to stay in L.A.) x;-)
  • Yeah! Wait until the Spurs have polished the edges up a little bit and beat everyone! x:-)

But I do have to say Kudo's to the Pistons - they played their hearts out and deserved it this year. xclap
  • Nice to see LA lose that smug, self-important sense of entitlement they seem to have adopted over the past decade: "I am in the finals, therefore, I must winthe championship because that is the order of the universe."

I was rooting for the Pistons from Day One once they were matched up against the Boys from La La Land. x:-)

• "Nice to see LA lose that smug, self-important sense of entitlement they seem to have adopted over the past decade: "I am in the finals, therefore, I must winthe championship because that is the order of the universe."

I was rooting for the Pistons from Day One once they were matched up against the Boys from La La Land. "

I'm really begining to like you Beagle!!! xclap

Pistons President Joe Dumars has done an astounding job in his four years in that position. Brought a group of players together to get the job done without the mega salaries. As many have already said, it wasn't as though the Lakers played that bad (except for games 3 & 5). It was just that the Pistons played so well AS A TEAM. What an example of TEAMWORK and WORKING HARD. ALL of Michigan is very proud of them. Owner Bill Davidson is on top of the world. Two world championships in as many weeks (he also owns the Tampa Bay hockey team that just won the Stanley Cup). :DD
  • I could see how SUPERIOR the PISTONS were !! And like it or not, the Lakers have to admit that too. Detrit's coach Larry Brown has waited so long for this - he deserves his moments in the sunshine.

Chari
  • And, everyone take notice, I did not say one bad thing about the Lakers in the original post. Ultimately, I think the Lakers graciously acknowledged that this year, this time, the Pistons played better basketball. To the extent there is arrogance, or a sense of entitlement, I don't know if it comes from the team or the idiots who write all the drivel and hype. I really never had a serious knock on the Lakers - it was the national media saying all the Lakers had to do was mail it in. I go crazy when I hear all those comparisons: who would win - Ali or Marciano? Ruth or (fill in the blank.) What an insipid, idiotic, brainless thing to think about. And the last ten minutes last night, Al Big Mouth Michaels and crew didn't shut up long enough to even tell us who fouled on several calls and even techs They just blabbered on and on, like I'm doing now! I did enjoy the guys hugging and chatting after the game. I know Detroit has several well traveled players and they probably all know one another in any event, but it is still good to see competitors come together after a heated contest. Hockey champ in the South and roundball champ in the East. Must be something about the alignment Venus and Uranas.....
  • I don't like the Lakers or any team of their ilk - i.e., spend so much money on your players that you can't lose thereby reaping the revenues that allows you to keep spending so much money that you can't lose. But, I just couldn't root against the Western Conference. So I sat ambivilantly watching LA get blown away. It was amazing to watch the Detroit kids systematically annihilate a team I thought two short weeks ago was unbeatable by any team from the east. Wow.

PS - One of his teams also won the WNBA title. Now THAT, I'm sure, is the one he's most proud of!
  • A couple of years ago, I dated the Manager of Basketball Operations for the Detroit Pistons and met quite a few of the now CHAMPIONS. I was pretty proud of the performance & TEAMWORK exhibited by them last night. One day while visiting her at the training facility where her office is, I was able to meet Joe Dumars, Ben Wallace and a few others. One "kid" I met was in his first week from college & in training camp. His name was Kasheem Prince. He looked so young. I was so impressed to see how he kept Kobe so controlled throughout the series. Can't wait for tommorrows parade.