Just have to share

I just professionally b#chted out an engineer who's worked here (as a slave driver) for 30 years. Man that felt good!
He was completely stunned and apologized profusely for being such an a@@. Best Friday I've had in awhile.

Comments

• 50 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Feels good doens't it? I had one of those afternoons and would not have been professional to anyone who ticked me off. xx( Its days like these when I'm glad I'm a smoker because I think "pretty soon I'll have some nicotine sailing through my veins and the world will be right again" and I can keep myself calm. I very conveniently do not think about the carcinogens going into my lungs...

I hope your weekend is just as rewarding!
  • Cin, you're an Oregonian (well, sort of). Oregonians are supposed to be laid back, reserved and duck-like, not b**tchy!

Me, I've spent most of the afternoon with my feet up on my desk because my inbox is empty and I've solved all the petty little problems that have come up this week. Just lookin' forward to putting a little distance between myself and ye olde office in a half-hour or so. x:-)
  • >Me, I've spent most of the afternoon with my
    >feet up on my desk because my inbox is empty and
    >I've solved all the petty little problems that
    >have come up this week. Just lookin' forward to
    >putting a little distance between myself and ye
    >olde office in a half-hour or so. x:-)

I envy you, Pook. Yesterday the pile in my in-box literally slid over, avalanche style, onto the floor. It's now banished to a cardboard box on the floor where it can't torment me anymore.

• Believe me my dear Beag, he TOTALLY deserved it -it wasn't me being in a b#tchy mood, it was really me defending myself. My manager actually came over to my desk and high fived me afterwards!
    I was very professional, but he was yelling (about something that wasn't even a problem...he was just annoyed that something was different than it usually is). I simply said, "I don't care who's fault this 'issue' of yours is. I also don't appreciate your attitude nor your tone with me. I will no longer respond to you when you speak to me like this, do you understand?" I was totally shaking inside because I was so mad but I felt so good after I said it. Especially when he started blubbering an apology. Love it!
  • I'm glad men don't have these emotional roller coaster days. You women should really strive for a more even-keel behavioral pattern. xB-) x}> I know it's a struggle, but I believe you can do it.
  • Ladies, I have no idea what Don is talking about. But, I think he may be trying to start a gender war. x0:)
  • Ray: While men tend to stay balanced and consistent day after day, women typically need things like weekends for adjustment and to recompose. Things like vacuuming and dusting over the weekend mellow them a bit and then on Monday's they're basically OK again and can function without those emotional outbursts like Cinderella just explained. Work them 24/7 and there are all sorts of psych implications. I've studied these things. See, like right now, most men are up and ready to tackle the day, while women are stuck deep into a pile of pillows and ruffles, dreaming of yard sales and oven cleaner and stuff.
  • I can't wait until Monday gets here and our lady-friends see this thread. Should make for some interesting conversation. So Don, your theory would help explain why a woman could never be president of the US of A. Wonder if Hillary ever has those dreams you speak of?
  • This is the most logical, well written post I've ever seen. Answers a lot of questions.
  • Can it Rin-Tin-Tin!

Sorry A.B. - I couldn't resist x:*
  • I worked in my office all day Sunday while my dear husband was home mowing the lawn, doing laundry, changing the sheets, making dinner and ensuring that my Sunday evening, as well as Monday, would be "mellow" and free from "emotional outbursts." Actually, I'm not prone to emotional outbursts, but I do work long hours 6-7 days a week, and our partnership at home makes it possible. He works almost as hard as I do at his job, but has weekends available to do things at our home to make my life easier. I'm pretty lucky! Guess we don't fit that stereotypical mold, thank goodness.

Oh, and by the way, HE is the one that lovesgarage sales. He's picked up many a great tool or gadget along the way.
  • Why isn't there an emoticon of someone laughing their a@@ off?

By the way Don, I'm NEVER ok nor functional on Mondays! x:*
  • We do try, Don. But you guys keep messing it up. x:D
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-04-04 AT 03:22PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Cinderella, have you lost your pumpkin?

The Don knows not what he speaks of. Just because he thinks he has trained his bosum soul mate doesn't mean a d** thing. Vacuuming and dusting is a small price to pay when you can lead the king around by his nose.

And Boy, go back to your room and play with your magazines.

Raytoots, I left you for last because you are so easy. A prime example of how housebroken we females can get you guys to become. Please don't grovel, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I simply abhor the thought of Hillary becoming president. But that does not mean that the other gender is incapable of running this country. After all, the homosapiens that preceded us have left us with a benchmark so easy to surpass.

• Ritaanz: I agree. And I would add that if a man is really secure in his selfhood (I'm not too sure if this is a word, but I like it), then he has no need to put down others. x:D
  • Don, Ray, ABoy,

You're only hurting yourselves. :)
  • @ people out (especially when they were at fault) but now it feels even better to just let it go.
  • I don't think it's my mission in life to give everyone my opinion or "correct their mistakes". I have plenty of confidence in myself. So much, infact, that I won't take some jacka@@ engineer 40 years my senior in age and about four levels in company hierarchy yelling at me - I calmly and professionally tell him what is not acceptable when speaking to/yelling at me. There are plenty of instances where I, as you say "let other people be wrong" - usually sit back and chuckle to myself about the energy they're expending. Someone yelling at me is not one of those instances.
  • So, after a nice relaxing weekend I come in and see that Don has thrown down the gauntlet at the ladies.

Now it will just be fun to watch them pick it up and beat the snot out of him with it. x;-)

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-05-04 AT 11:55AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I can only dream about laying around all morning. My husband has his batteries wound too tight and can'T sleep past 6:00...consequently no one else does either.

He is responsible for cleaning the floors at our house and there are many of them...plus he does most of the yard work.

I fill in when I can...sigh...

• I learned years ago if I did a lousy job cleaning the floors I could get out of doing it. That's the little woman's job now.

Sam, don't include me with those two misogenists.
  • Ya know? All the guys have read the same book. Us girls are quite aware of the "do it bad" syndrome. The reason we take the task over is because it would take too long to train you. Life is too short for trivia.

Oh, by the way, the word you want is misogynist. That is if you are refering to a man who hates women.
  • Oh, I hate it when I misspell a word. Doesn't happen often. You got me Ritaanz.
  • ray, two can play at that game.

My husband is far pickier than I am about a clean house, therefore I've given up trying.

Vacuuming the floor every single day is not going to make me any money, isn't going to bring up my children any better and doesn't help me sleep better.

I let him vacuum, wash laundry, you name it. He enjoys it, (for some crazy reason). Supper will be waiting for me when I get home.

Scrubbing the kitchen floor when my feet stick to it is my theory.
  • Cinderella, your thread has been officially hijacked. How it went from you legitimately and professionally bit**ing someone out to mood swings and cleaning house on weekends is beyond me. Don, do you care to enlighten?

P.S. My cleaning service comes in on Wednesdays.
  • Don is an expert at hijacking threads, Leslie. You should know that. x;-)

Back to Cin, though... she makes a good point about pulling a Peter Finch once in awhile, probably better than letting the pressure and tension build up until you explode, body parts flying everywhere - yuck. x;-)
  • Well, he does the floors so his precious speakers don't get bumped by the vac...oops! Women can play that game too!
  • Sooo, by that logic, if the little woman ruin's enough meals, you'll order out or eat out? Sounds like a plan to me.

Like I said before, if God wanted me to cook, he wouldn't have put Bob Evans and Cracker Barrell across the street.

I don't think you're a woman-hater. You like to agitate, but it's all in fun.
  • My wife takes too much pride as a cook to destroy a meal. I on the other hand see no pride in being a good vacuum cleaner operator.

I love to stir the pot.