Picking up Pennies

A relative sent this to me and I thought I'd share with all of you. Appropriate and timely...

[url]http://www.ishaah.com/funpages/view.cfm/1659[/url]

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That's great! I'll never again see a penny on the ground without thinking about that!
  • After my mother's death in 1996 my dad was feeling very mortal, and alone. He has told me about being visited by angels and "hearing" (more telephathically than with the ear) voices saying "be not afraid", "stay strong", "you are not alone", that kind of thing. So Dad started writing a book about angels and has interviewed several people who have been visited and helped by angels. I can't wait to read it. One thing Dad learned was that angels leave pennies in our paths to remind us that they are present. He said pennies are objects we recognize and relate to, and he has discovered pennies in his home, where he is walking, and where he works, all at times of loneliness and stress. I always pick up these pennies now!
  • Linda: I smiled when I read your post. My father in law (God rest his soul)died in 1991. He always stopped to pick up pennies - that was just his thing. I've always heard this was a way that those that had gone on before communicated. Anyway....I came across a card that my mother in law had given my father in law for a birthday or something. I opened it up to read it and two pennies fell out. Don't know where they came from or how they would have even been there to begin with. I just said "Okay Pop, I know you're there!"

It almost never fails when my husband and I are out that we find pennies somewhere in our path. I feel this is the way my father in law is saying he's still with us!

It's rather a comforting feeling!

• I really needed to read something like this today, thank you for posting. I'm going to start looking for those pennies. Funny, it adds some insight into a dream I had within the last week, I kept picking up coins off the street they seemed to be just constantly dropping in front of me and I didn't understand why, now I think I do.
  • It used to be that if I saw a penny on heads I'd pick it up for luck, but I would always leave behind the one on the tails side. It was a superstition that I grew up with that meant bad luck. I tell you that now I will pick up a penny whether or not it is heads or tails, solely because of this story.

It is all about perception and if all of us could at one point or another just look at things a different way, perhaps there wouldn't be so much controversy.

I know, I know, keep dreaming...