NASCAR is back ~ Hooray!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 09:21AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Anyone catch the Bud Shootout? What an intense finish! I did feel bad for poor Jeremy (can't say that name without hearing that woman from the commercial, "Hey Jeremy").

All I can say is I hope that Ryan Newman's crash isn't a portent of something bad to come. Let's pray that he can get more track time then air time this Daytona 500!

I was pulling for Rusty to overtake Harvick, but alas it appears that Rusty's luck has gone way south and for more than just the winter. Good for Dale Jarrett though, maybe his luck has finally gone on an upswing!

Diehard NASCAR fans, don't forget to either request Thursday off of work, or set up your VCR's or Tivo's to tape the twin Gatorade 250.

I think I'm already used to hearing the "Nextel Cup" Can't wait for the "Superbowl" of Racing this Sunday! Whoo Hoo! Racing is back! :DD

EDIT: Did you see the new Nextel~Nascar commercial? The one where the football coach calls Dale Jr. to the field. What a riot!

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes, I watched the shootout and the ARCA race earlier in the day. The shootout was a good race, kind of boring in the beginining, but it livened up. Dale Jarrett is a decent guy and I was glad to see him beat those young bucks. I only wish he would drive GM or Dodge instead of Ford.
  • Watched the Shootout, watched qualifying yesterday, but will have to tape the twin 125s. They have lights at Daytona - why don't they do them at night?
  • You are so right Leslie! How unfair to do it during the day when some of us fans aren't there to see it. They do have lights at Daytona, it's how they run the shootout, so what's the deal NASCAR? Perhaps we should pull a JJ (was that his name?) You know, call in to work, say we're not feeling well, then stay home to watch the race. Wait, think anyone will 'catch' me at home?

Nevermind, I'll just tape it.
  • Actually HS, I do have this nasty cough I just can't shake. My wife keeps threatening to drag me to the doctor's. Maybe she can make the appointiment in the AM so I'll be home in time for the race. Might work.
  • Now I know how people who don't watch Survivor feel if they stumble upon the various Survivor threads we've had going. I felt as if I were reading a foreign language!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 03:26PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Oh psrcello, you don't know what you're missing! Tell you what, tune in on Sunday for the "big one" the Daytona 500. Channel 4, Noontime is the prerace show. If there is only one race to watch a year, this one is it. But you should also catch a short track race, say Bristol, TN. There is one on March 28th.

• I have been waiting for this since the EAGLES lost to the Panthers! I love that Dale Jr commercial, makes me laugh everytime I see him dragging the player behind the car (I picture it as an EAGLES player). Does Dale Jarrett have a bumper left?? Jr was all but in the car with him pushing him to the front during the shootout!! You are correct in saying if you watch any race it MUST be the Daytona race. I can only hope that Flyin Ryan keeps his car on the damn track and away from my favorites!

Anyone heading to any races?? I will be visiting the June Pocono race and Qualifying for the August Pocono race.
  • We usually go to Vegas in March, but lost our tickets this year in a business dispute x:'(. Hope to get some new ones for next year. Have season tickets to Phoenix International, which include the NASCAR weekend in late October.

Speaking of which, what do you think of the new points system? And the 10 race playoff for the top 10 drivers? I like the raise in the points for the winner of the race, but aside from the fact that Phoenix is one of the last 10 races, I think the playoff idea sucks. So you're in 11th place and you go on to win three of the last 10 races...you still end up in 11th place.
  • Yes Leslie, it doesn't seem fair. But after what happened in the, what was it, last race last year where #$*%& Harvick crashed Newman and Busch(I think that was who was in 10th). It gained him a few spaces in the top 10 and dropped Busch out of the top 10. It makes those close points races a nightmare with everyone fighting to finish as high as they can. They should have penalized Harvick for racing rough and crashing into two of the top 10 contenders in the one race.

Maybe they will find a different compromise if the scenario you mentioned happens this year and a ruckus is raised about it.

I am hoping to get to Dover or Bristol or maybe Richmond this year. Have got to see a short track race. I went to Pocono in the previous season, but that track is a pain to get out of because of where it's located. I hear the same about Dover. My husband finds that going to a race isn't as exciting as watching it on TV. That's why I suggested a short track this year because you can see all the action.

5 MORE DAYS!!