the Jig's Up

Comments

• At some point, the forum entered the Twilight Zone...

This is when I feel sorry for James.
  • But what if, Steel boy is Jame's alter ego:-?
  • In that case, do not push the alert button.
  • That's too funny, Whatever. But I'm not SteelBoy or AluminumBoy or SMace. I barely have time to READ the Forum, much less make up a new persona. (:|

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Well, I'm going to take SMace at his word that he's not MetalBoy. You never can be 100% sure on a Forum like this. But I hope everyone stops ragging on him.

SteelBoy and AluminumBoy are the same person, but he seems to be a changed man. You don't have to forget his confrontational statements, and you're always welcome to disagree with each other. But please don't make personal attacks or name-calling to him or anyone else.

I'm glad this place is getting lively again.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Dear Aluminumboy,

Welcome to the forum.

You're going to have good days on here and bad days.

I don't think you're Smace.

I like a straight shooter, not afraid to ruffle things up & tell it like it is, but I don't care for the words "hr weenies" or "whiners", nothing personal, just not a fan.

I like the words "mumbo jumbo" and "ying yang" because I think it applies a lot of the time, however, sometimes on this site, you've got to use "mumbo jumbo" and "ying yang" as not everyone seeking advice has the same level of experience as others - plus, sometimes we are just educating ourselves as well.

Finally, you've had a rough start on here, so do what any self-respecting professional would do - suck up to the establishment! x;-)

Best regards,

mwild31

• mswild31, I liked you from the start.

As you'll notice, AluminumBoy is not using those words, so point well taken. I must admit, I did want a grand entrance and I apologize for any harm that it did cause.

James,

Aluminum boy can take the stone throwing. However, aluminum does dent, unlike steel.
  • I saw a match coming. MWild exclaimed to us the other day, "I AM AN EXECUTIVE!" Then here comes MightyMouse to save the day in the form of TinMan or whatever it is. I knew they would hit it off. But I'll ask this question of him....Steel/AlumMan, I have accused you and SMace of being one body with two heads, now three. I still think you are comrades. Are you willing to tell me straight-up right here on the Forum that you and SMace have no relationship with or knowledge of each other? That's a simple question, asked in the friendliest of all possible manners. (where's the syrup emoticon?)
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 05:22PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I'm not sold that knowledge or relationship really matters. I have stood up for others on this forum and when forumites that I respect are being attacked (and I have time to post) I'll stick up for 'em. Doesn't matter if they are my brother or I never met them. If someone asked me that question about you, I would tell them that I have a good bit of knowledge about you and consider our dialougue a relationship. So are we in cohoots? No we are not. We post and sometimes agree and sometimes don't. I'll tell you what, if ritaanz attacked you, ray, marc, beagle, paul, leslie, mwild, etc the same way she has the boy, I'd do the same. I'd like to say I'm done with this thread, but I know I'll be back. I respect all the regulars on this forum, including ritaanz, but by golly(PC) if I disagree with you, I'm gonna let you know.

EDIT: OOPS! I thought you were asking me, Don. Well I gave you my answer whether you wanted it or not. x:-8
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-10-04 AT 06:25AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I think you may actually be Tim Russert.

I've already answered this question.

Additionally, you were the one who originally asked for a profile.

I have never used the word executive. And finally, while I served in these positions, I spent time tempering glass in a 120 degree glass factory, stamped concrete blocks in a Phoenix mfg facility in the middle of summer, and worked the kiln of cement plant. Did the same at the two other companies I've worked for.

It's amazing what crap you can say when people actually respect you for learning the business. Obviously, you wouldn't be shocked about anything that comes out of my mouth (keypad), and the wonderful thing is, neither are the folks in the Company that I work for...they actually like it.

Only trying to provide info to help clarify where my idiotic thinking comes from.

HR executives are the worst of the lot. They do crap that encourages everyone else stay in the same ol' HR world.

I'm done with providing info on my background and discussing associations with other folks who post.

• Thank you Mr. Gephardt, for the non answer.
  • Ohhhhhh, now Don, that truly hurts...likening me to a liberal.

I deserve plenty of mud to be slung my way, but this one really hurts.
  • Don, it is interesting that the twin soup can boys and smace always seem to post next to each other. Very interesting.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-10-04 AT 09:16AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Ah, AluminumBoy, I was trying to stay out of the fray but you've gone over the top. All the arrows that have been slung, and the one that is the sharpest is being likened to a liberal?!?!? You're breakin' my heart here x:-(.
  • I have pretty much managed to stay out of this particular thread but like most forum addicts, I just cannot stop myself so here goes a rather late observation:

Most of us thoroughly appreciate give and take exchanges and the forum encourages these exchanges while trying to maintain some level of professional decorum. Steelboy (now metamorphed into AluminumBoy) wanted to come in with a big splash and did so. His usage of terminology (HR weenies, Ying Yang, hr crap etc) caused many to bristle, which was the effect he admittedly wanted. Several frequent posters ignored the rhetoric and discerned some gleaming nuggets of sensible savvy and said so.

All part of the exchange process.

Many rightfully rose up to defend the profession, with a level of zeal that shows how committed they are, that defense included some stinging admonishments for Steelboy and those that defended his right to speak up with a viewpoint. Some of that defense probably went as far toward non-professional conduct as Steelboy did with his initial splashes into the waters of the forum.

Aluminum boy evolved (?) from the cathartic mess with a pledge to soften his rhetoric but to maintain his viewpoint – seems like a good result to me. Perhaps the process has been cathartic enough and the real strength and humor of the forum will emerge.

Can’t we all just get along? It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye!x;-)

• The only catharsis I noticed was one weenie morphing into another. If either of them wishes to join in and be serious at times and have fun at other times, I have said several times that I certainly welcome it. My opinions are always among the most frank, blunt, pointed and sometimes confrontational (and I get nailed for them); but I'm just being me, not a cartoon character I created overnite. And very few of us run through the playground twisting every swing on the gym set and dumping salt in the Kool Aide every day. Just an observation, although not quite as 'textbook' as Marc's. x:-)
  • Weenie doesn't bother me. What's good for the goose...but please no more Gephart arrows.
  • Why is it you conservative Republicans can't get along together whereas we moderate Democrats seem to be able to get along just fine? x;-)
  • Because we're always arguing over who has a bigger pile of money and whom among us has the most stuff.

Just a joke...just a joke!
  • Somebody lied to me. You were supposed to be out of town for four days. The plot thickens. I still report that the jig is up!
  • Laptop.

I'm actually in Mississippi. Maybe we can get together for lunch???

Rain in Jackson today and 47 degrees. Seen the construction in the Jackson airport lately?
  • Good summary Marc, nicely stated, I agree.
  • Well, I see that James found it necessary to delete my 2 descriptive posts. With a click of the mouse, er, 2 clicks, James managed to advance me into Don's league. Thank You!
  • Honey, you were in my league before James ever got out of college!
  • In a perfect world, there would be a special limited-entry area of the Forum where those of us who lack delicate sensibilities could go at our own risk to read all the posts that got deleted before we had a chance to read them. I can hardly stand to have missed anything that was worthy of censorship x:'(.
  • I think I can help you out. Since most of them were probably mine, I have them all. But, there's a small fee.
  • Hang on, I'm checking my spare change.
  • Sadly, the boy of Aluminum did not get to see those posts, either. ritaanz, I cannot believe you would make an ugly comment about AluminumBoy.

Why so much hostility?
  • "Why so much hostility"? Since it's Valentine's week and the phrase, "...Let me count the ways....", comes to mind, we could always start with a list. How much time do you have Alum-man?

You don't want to anger Ritaanz! She speared me right through the middle of my torso once from over a thousand miles off. The woman has special talents, beware!