Happy day after Christmas

[font color="red"][b]So, am I the only one unlucky enough to have to work the day after Christmas? There must be others out there.

It felt like I was playing hooky from work yesterday since my celebration for the holiday happened on Wednesday night. Just another day, nothing exciting except the snow flurries. Hooray! A semi-white Christmas after all.

x:D

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nope, you're not the only one. Don't know how long I'll be here today, I have to go view an assisted living apartment for my mother, she is thinking about moving from her house into this arrangement.

Hope your holiday celebration went well and all are safe! xhugs
  • I'm here too - for the moment, anyway. Our plant is shut down today, our corporate HR department is shut down, my regional manager is on vacation. I've already sent one of my assistant-to's home, and the other is finishing up some data entry for next week's payroll. I finished up our AAP by 8:00 am, and the guy next door to me is painting his office today, so not much going on.

Think I'll head out shortly - going to visit my daughter and her family tomorrow, and still need to pick up some gifts for the grandkids. I'm stringing this holiday out for as long as I can!
  • Me too, but hopefully not for long. Played hooky yesterday and went to two movies. It was packed! Must be too much "Christmas togetherness."

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • I'm holding open enrollment meetings and trying to clean my desk for the end of the year. It is so quiet here it is great. And so far, no one had called. This is a perfect workday!
  • It sure is nice to know I'm not the only one working. I so hope I'll get to go home early, but I am doubtful that it will happen. x:'(

It is even quieter today than it was on Wednesday. I'm doing all that I can to at least make it appear I am busy. Stretching out the few things that I have to do as long as possible.

On the bright side, it took me way less time to get to work than normal, hopefully going home will be the same.
  • Today is back to business as usual for the banking business. Hope you all have a great day after Christmas.
    Dutch2
  • I am working too, but expect it to be a short day. Got some DVD's that I want to watch. My favorite will be the extended version of the second Lord of the Rings. I want to see it before I fight the lines to see the third. I hear it is excellent and follows the book a bit more closely than 1 and 2.

• I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy & my son and I are going to see the third installment this weekend.

I'm here at work, don't need to be, besides myself, there's only one other person here. I'm probably going to fax in our drug testing names - so we can get a random draw happening & then head out.

I hope everyone had a nice day off - if you were able to take one. x:-)
  • The extended scenes in the 2nd installment are absolutely great! Especially the interactions between Legolas and Gimly. I too am going to see the 3rd and final x:'( installment this weekend. I don't want to wait til next November for the extended scenes in that one.
  • So HS - I hate to break this down into past high school moments x;-), but who do you think is more attractive, Viggo or Orlando? My vote is Viggo - man! What a hunk! x:-)
  • mwild,

Although Viggo has that rugged handsome cowboy kind of look, I actually prefer Orlando. It must have been the blond hair. x;-) Did you see him in the Pirates of the Carribean? Yummmy! x:9 He will also be in the upcoming epic 'Troy' with Brad Pitt. He has on this curly wig from the promos I've seen, that just looks silly. Oh well.
  • HS, let me tell you about my day so far. Rolled over at 8:30AM picked up the newspaper my wife had set on the end of the bed and read most of it. Got up, ate breakfast, paid a few bills, finished my budget for the end of year and discovered a nice little balance, but made the mistake of telling the wife who will decide how to spend it. Took the wife's car to the car wash to make her x:D then dropped off a prescription at the drug store. Played my trombone for about an hour then ate lunch - leftover ham. Now I'm cruising the forums, after writing an email to Don with a question that will twist his brain in knots.

Life can be so rough sometimes. I wish I could be lounging at work like the rest of you.
  • Oh Ray, I wish I had your life. x:D Actually I'm going to be leaving early, in about 1/2 hour or so. There really is not a lot to do right now and there is limited staff in the building as it is.

It's good to see a man doing things to make his wife happy. Maybe your wife will spend the money on something you really want to be nice back. Hey, you just never know!

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend Ray. Don't "play" too hard or else it will be difficult to come back and "work".
  • I'm at work and having trouble getting "in the mood". My husband, mom, dad, grandma and the kids are all at home sifting through the rubble around the tree in the living room. Yesterday morning's gift opening was enjoyable chaos - 12 adults and 2 children, gifts and paper were flying everywhere. Most of the people have left, but the mess remains.

My payroll assistant returns monday, and I have a million things I need to get organized so she knows what's happened in her absence. Payroll year-end needs to be transmitted today. I have 99 other things that have to be done today, and I just "don't wanna".

Maybe logging off the Forum would help.

Nah. Time to pour some coffee and eat another Christmas cookie. =P~
  • Oh yes, I'm here too. I was in early, couldn't wait to clear my desk and get back in to the swing of things.

The longer I stay, the longer I put off the dreaded Christmas visit to the mother-in-law. x}>

I've stopped being productive though, don't want to over do it!
  • I took a long ride on the Natchez Trace and went to see Cold Mountain while my wife got all the decorations boxed and put away. Somebody has to make these sacrifices. I did bring her supper hoome though. I have a list of things I noticed that she missed in cleaning up!
  • You have my sympathies, Don. It is so hard finding good help these days. At least she didn't leave all that stuff up for weeks after the holiday was over. Nothing worse than coming home from a hard day at work in mid January seeing faded Christmas decorations still hung.
  • I spent several hours on Friday working from home (the programmer of Gotomypc should be shot). A friend came in from out of town. Spent the rest of the weekend doing the tourist bit.