Forum funeral-man

Krista is not the only one a day late for the wonderful calendar Leslie put together, but I'd settle for March or April (I know, a bit presumptious.)In some earlier post I acknowledged I had done a bit of acting, so here is the most recent proof, at least of a costume if not the acting. Weekend of Dec 4 - 8 I was Mr Sowerberry in the musical Oliver (hence the costume). We played to about 5000 people in 6 performances. No one threw ripe veggies, so I assume the audience was at least mildly amused.

[url]http://www.hrhero.com/forum/shadowfax.jpg[/url]

After Margaret's shenigans with her pix I had to wait for something different, if not
mindbendingly dazzling.
P.S. I'll be in the lobby to autograph tapes and DVDs. Best wishes to all of you and your loves for a wonderful holiday ana a propserous New Year.
Dick Mosier

Comments

• 28 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What a great photo! I'm relieved I'm not the only one who was tardy with their picture post.

Oliver seems like it would be a fun production to be in, glad no one tossed rotten tomatoes!
  • xclap Great one shadow! xclap
  • Shadowfax, you guys are killin' me. I no sooner post the calendar THEN you come forward!

Really, though great shot. Wish I had the courage to get up on a stage because it seems like such great fun to entertain. So you are indeed Mr. April 2005!
  • Sorry Leslie, but I've been trying to get it posted for a week, but, being an actor, need someone to give me specific directions. I'll take April 2005, it will be my 41st year with the lovely redhead who continues to put up with me. BTW she's the reason I act. Every time I do a show I say it's the last, but she likes to come watch me make a fool of myself, so I reward her. I have quit regualr plays and just do musicals anymore, but now the dancing is getting a bit much. Great job on the calendar!
    PS ANYBODY - If you want a shirt to pose in, let me know. Only worn once, and no veggie stains!
  • Hey, great pose! If I X-out the moustace, will that show us the real you?

That looks like a backdrop at Three Little Bakers in Wilmington, De. We have another celebrity on the Forum!

• Great stuff, sounds like a lot of fun. Congratulations on finding someone to share the years with - 41 years together is a rare and wondrous gift.

Great photo. Another proof that there is a life outside of HR.
  • You're looking good Dick. Ditto on the 41 years. Not many people make it anywheres near that long. Give us your secret for a long marriage. How do you get the shirts? Small world Dick - I'm in SW Michigan now but I'm from Port Huron originally - even owned a business there for five years in my early 30's - downtown. Any future acting gigs planned?
  • Beave - I'll take your question "How do you get the shirts?" to be a request to send this one to you. James and co. gave them away for a while, but ran out, so seems appropriate to pass them along. No secrets about anything that lasts a long time, other than luck maybe. I was her paper boy in 7th grade, she a gawky 5th grade tom-boy. I wouldn't let her go, and she was charitable enough to let me catch her. Who would have thought.....? I dunno.Maybe neither of us ev er grew up - I'm still pretending to be someone else on occasion as eveidenced by my pic post.. NOw every one knows way more than anyone wanted to about me. I'll send the shirt and hope you pass it along after you've posted your pic. I know how much I have enjoyed seeing all of our colleagues. This whole thing is just way cool!
  • Great picture Shadowfax! I love the top hat & cane - nice classy touch x:-)
  • And yet another brave member to the pic post club, thanks for sharing your picture and your pastime, the stage.

As a musician I believe there is nothing better than being on the stage performing and being in the zone! As a matter of fact my better half and I ventured to a jam night Sunday at a local club and for the first time in over a year I was able to play, with some good friends I might add, and it was great.
  • Shadowfax, my first thought when I saw your getup was "I bet that skull-headed cane comes in handy with the employees!"

My controller has a magic wand - I've suggested that he bring it to the next Director meeting and bonk on the head those who don't "get" whatever it is we're talking about. The skull-headed cane could be a great tool for that too! x}>

I love hearing about everyone's extra curricular activities. I've never acted, but I spent my entire childhood taking, then teaching dance (ballet, tap, jazz) and loved being on the stage at the end of every season.
  • How dapper and debonair you look! And you are far braver than I am. You can't get booed from 14,000 feet! We're so glad to see you!

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • Great picture! Oliver was my favorite childhood movie.

By the way, I'm the officially the last person on the face of the earth to see the Lord of the Rings, Two Towers. I was surprised to hear the name of Gandalf the White's trusty steed, Shadowfax. Is that where you got your name, or is there another story behind it? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • I noticed that too!
    I have not seen the movie and I am conflicted. I know it should be seen on the big screen, but it is OVER 3 hours. I cannot sit still for that long. That is why I love the pause button on my DVD.
    how was it karenosi?
  • FHR, Two Towers is the second in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The newest, and final, is Return of the King - and I haven't had time to see it yet, but intend to do so this weekend. Loved the first two, and heard from folks that this is the best of the three. Besides, anything with Viggo Mortensen as a king has got to be on the right track. =P~
  • I saw it this weekend. It's great! 3 1/2 hours long through. Do not buy a large size drink!

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
  • Beags, don't tell me you haven't seen either of the first two movies?!?!? Of course, I imagine there are other sites for males to look at in the trilogy. Anyway, this is a Viggo Mortensen...

[url]http://us.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0167260/Ss/0167260/lotr3_3AP_97357.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Mortensen, Viggo[/url]

• Viggo Mortenson.
    Beyond dreamy.
    I remember that Harrison Ford was an especially revered hollywood actor on this site some time ago. I think that Viggo is in that category.
    Shadowfax, you are the Viggo of HRhero with that moustache, very dashing!
    Cristina
  • No, I haven't seen either of them. Tried to read the trilogy when I was in school and I just didn't find it interesting. The first two are on cable now, though, so maybe I'll try and catch them. Thanks for the insight, though. x:-)
  • Parabeagle, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't find it interesting either. My husband and I rented one of them (I have no idea which one) and I just couldn't get in to it. That little bald monkey looking guy creeps me out. I did hear the name Shadowfax and thought of our Forum friend as well!

I get into books more than movies, so maybe I'll take a shot at reading the stories instead. Same goes for the Harry Potter series - I'm just not interested in the movies, but the books might be OK.
  • Hey Leslie - can we invite Viggo on the H/R cruise with us? Can we, can we, pleeeease, huh?xpray x:9
  • It was the second movie, not the new third movie, which is why I was able to watch it at home, with plenty of bathroom breaks. It was quite long, but very good. We had to stop watching when it was time to pick up our daughter at a function and then were too sleepy to finish the movie. So the next morning we watched the rest - just five minutes! But it was very good, and I'm considering actually braving the movie theater to see the third installment on the big screen. It will just have to be an afternoon matinee.
  • Ah! You are the last official person to see the second one!
    We did see the the first one in the movie theater and I just barely made it through.
    Shadowfax, want to jump in here and let us know if our speculations are true?
    Cristina
  • More than happy to jump in and accept the 'Viggo' of HR Hero moniker. The description:'beyond dreamy' sure fits! or couldn't you see beyond all the make-up? The name Shadowfax does indeed come from the Tolkien stories. I confess I have never seen any of the screen versions though. I fell in love with the books 30 years ago and have reread them a couple of times. I'm not a Tolkien 'nut'. didn't like the last book (Silmaron??) and never tried to master the language nor analyze the runes.I do not want to see the screen versions because I fear it would forever destroy the magnificient pictures I have in my mind of the hobbits, gandalf, smaug etc. Those of us who are old enough to remember how our imaginations worked when listening to the radio will appreciate my point, although my neice tells me the movies are really qyuite good, especially the last one. But, I rarely see movies of books I have read - and when I have I have generally been dissappointed. So, I'll just go blindly with my own vision of the hobbit world, and I hve always loved Gandalf's steed, so I stole it!
    PS I will try to find a movie with Viggo just so I know how good I look. Thanks to all! And beswt wishes for a joyous and merry holiday to all!
  • Shadowfax, I too loved the books, and the movies are great - very little literary license taken. You can't make a movie with Viggo - then we'd have to choose which way to look.

A wonderful Christmas to all!
  • More than enough honor for one man in one day -I'm goin ' home for the rest of the year! Thanks!
  • Viggo Mortensen has a new movie coming out called "Hidalgo" based on a true story about a horse race across the Arabian desert. You can catch him in that...although he's much more Shakespearean in the trilogy. You might try it!

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200