christmas tree rules

2»

Comments

• I fondly rememebr the lean year my mohther, brother and I made our angel to top the tree by cutting the angel from a waffle box and covering in tin foil. We had a flood in the basement the year before and lost all our decorations.
  • My little elf and I follow the Never-a-Dull-Moment theory of decorating -- a real tree with multicolored lights that flash ten different ways, lotsa different ornaments and wrapping paper. xflash

We always go overboard on the balcony of our second-floor apartment. This year we used green lights to make a Christmas tree two stories tall (a little shorter than last year). For the top, we built a blue star five feet across. O=*

Bodacious, you might say.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Great idea for a thread, blw!

Just about anything goes for our Christmas tree. We have all white lights, but for no reason other than Walgreens had a great sale one year and white was all they had.

No rules for ornaments either. I am very sentimental - we have plenty of ugly worn out ornaments that I refuse to toss out because they mean something to me.

Our oldest ornament is from 1982 - my grandma gave it to me. I have lots of worn out looking ornaments that my students gave me back when I was a dance teacher in my teens, which I also refuse to get rid of. My absolute favorites are the ones my kids made for me at preschool - with their pictures on them.

My tree is 9' tall. There are no decorations on the bottom 4' because my kids will take them off and either lose or break them. There are no ornaments on the top 3' because I'm short, and I refuse to get on a ladder because of vertigo. Eventually, I'll get my husband to move some of the ornaments to the top. Maybe before Christmas, even!

My 2 year old tried to help decorate by throwing some of the ornaments into the tree. I left them where they landed.

We also have a 2' tree on a sofa table in the living room. My mom gave it to me when I was 19 and had my first Christmas in my own apartment away from home. (Family is in Omaha, I'm in Phoenix) It has also gotten kind of "Charlie Brown-ish" over the years, but it means something to me.