Don't Underestimate The Little Woman

A married couple is driving along the highway at a steady clip of forty miles per hour. The wife is behind the wheel. the husband suddenly looks across at her and says, "Darling, I know we've been married for twenty years, but I want a divorce."

The wife says nothing, keeps looking straight ahead, but slowly increases her speed to 45 mph. the husband speaks again. "I don't want you to try and talk me out if it, because I've been having an affiar with your best friend, and she's a far better lover than you are."

Again, the wife says nothing, but grips the wheel more tightly and increases the speed to 55. He pushes his luck. "I want the house". She increases the speed to 60. "The car too". Up to 65. "And," he says, "I'll have the bank accounts and all the credit cards, and the boat." The car starts veering towards a massive concrete bridge abutment. This makes him a wee bit nervous, so he asks her, "Isn't there anything you want?"

The wife, at last, replies, in a quiet and controlled voice. "No, I've got everything I need." "Oh, really?" he inquires, "So what have you got?" Just before they slam into the pillar at 75 mph, the wife turns to him and says, "The airbag".

Comments