Are you a fan of the 80's?

13»

Comments

• One of the websites we own here at work is www.80's.com. It is a very fun 80's site. :)
  • Great site, I love the quote for the day from Garfield, "I'm not overweight, I'm undertall."
  • After hearing about the VH1 80's show last week - on Friday night I decided to find out what it was all about, with the pure and total intent to watch about 10 minutes and then move on to the other gazillion channels on my cable package - that didn't happen. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. The comedic commentary was priceless - it also brought back a lot of my own memories - ripped, button-fly levi's, my neon orange v-neck sweater and wearing my step-dad's white t-shirt underneath. I'll never forget my step-dad bringing me his t-shirts back in disgust because they would never fit again (streched out in the chest area x;-)) Not to mention - those goofy dancing flowers...what a great time, I'm glad I watched - 3 hours later (what can I say, I saw '87, '88 and '89).
  • Way to go mwild! Those shows are the best! The one I saw this weekend was about the movies of the 80's.

I actually had to run out and rent Porky's this weekend, because I just don't remember ever seeing it! I don't know how I could forget! Whew!

The Breakfast Club is our all-time favorite.
  • mwild and mjindra: me too, I put "I love the 80's" on for "just for a minute" and found myself glued to the tube for an hour or more..
    "Breakfast Club" is a favorite in my house. My teenage daughter LOVES it (she got the DVD for Christmas last year, we probably watch it once a month or so...)
    (However, I still have never seen Porky's. ). And the clothes: yes, I loved my jellies, even though they killed my feet!
  • I liked the Breakfast club - but I LOVED Sixteen Candles! I remember a clandestine operation my girlfriends and I embarked upon one night whereby, one of my girlfriends 'stole' the Porky's movie from her older brother & we all stayed up smoking cloves (yuck) and drinking some wine coolers we convinced these older guys to buy for us - what a great movie & time!
  • stole' the Porky's movie from her >older brother & we all stayed up smoking cloves (yuck) and drinking >some wine coolers we convinced these older guys to buy for us - what a >great movie & time!

Always had a sneaking suspicion you had kind of a wild side to you, Mwild. x;-)